What's new

Paramount Announcement: Paramount Home Entertainment Recalling Saving Private Ryan Blu-ray Discs (1 Viewer)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Christian P

I also would like to know. I think I never returned a disc to Amazon.com. Does anyone have experience with that process? Do they send out a prepaid mailer or do you have to advance the return postage?

I called them. The person didn't know, indeed they didn't even know why there was a recall, maybe i got the only person working for them that didn't know anything, they also struggled with my light Scottish accent.

They took my details though and hopefully they do exchange for overseas but if not i will get a replacement through the supplier of my disc. ( the online shop )

Paramount

Insider
Real Name
Paramount
Just to confirm you don't need a receipt to return your Saving Private Ryan Blu-ray

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Paramount

Just to confirm you don't need a receipt to return your Saving Private Ryan Blu-ray

Will they ship to the UK, my copy is an import since i dislike film certificates ruining the artwork on the case and disc and i did call the USA return number, so will they ship me a replacement. ?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Originally Posted by FoxyMulder

Will they ship to the UK, my copy is an import since i dislike film certificates ruining the artwork on the case and disc and i did call the USA return number, so will they ship me a replacement. ?

I'd also like to add Germany to that question, for the same reasons. ;)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Christian Preischl

I'd also like to add Germany to that question, for the same reasons. ;)

I guess it's not looking good since it's been a while and no reply, maybe i'm just impatient though.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Christian P

I also would like to know. I think I never returned a disc to Amazon.com. Does anyone have experience with that process? Do they send out a prepaid mailer or do you have to advance the return postage?

Amazon initiated an email informing me of the defective disc. Not only did they give me a prepaid mailing label, they're taking an extra 5 bucks off the replacement disc. That's service!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by RobertR

Amazon initiated an email informing me of the defective disc. Not only did they give me a prepaid mailing label, they're taking an extra 5 bucks off the replacement disc. That's service!

The replacement disc is free, is it not? How can they take five bucks off?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by dpippel

The replacement disc is free, is it not? How can they take five bucks off?

The way it works is, you get a refund on the returned disc, and buy a replacement.

sptrout

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
BB now has the new corrected Blu-rays in stock (at least where I was an hour ago). Look for the "yellow" UPC, which is the clue that the disk is new. The packaging is identical otherwise. BB made the exchange without question; took all of 5 minutes.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I went to the local Best Buy in Timonium, MD today and they would not make an exchange without a receipt. I'm not sure they were even aware of the recall.

So I took advantage of Amazon's 'return and get $5 off replacement program' but they made me pay for the return shipping, although it should be refunded within 4 weeks. I'm not sure why I didn't get a prepaid return label but it may be because I got free shipping on the initial purchase. Even so, the $5 return credit takes care of the return shipping anyway so it's no big deal.

However, people may want to call Best Buy to make sure they'll take your Blu Ray back before heading out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks