1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Paramount and trailers missing in action???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett C, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Brett C

Brett C Second Unit

Hi, was wondering why Trailers haven't been making it onto your DVD's? I'm very dissapointed that they aren't on the Horror releases on the 3rd of September and haven't been on most of your catalogue releases this year period! Even new releases like We Were Soldiers is missing its trailer.And I can cite many more releases you have announced for the coming months that don't have a trailer.Why???

2. James L White

James L White Supporting Actor

yeah , What's so hard about putting trailers on there, also what about seleted scenes which are my favorite 2 extras, Please put them on ALL of your DVDs

3. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

As Martin Blythe has stated numorous times...

Music clearances are usually the reason why a trailer is not found on a DVD release.

4. Brett C

Brett C Second Unit

I think its a little more than that...I'm guessing its a costcutting exercise myself.Way too many releases this year without trailers for me to buy the music clearance excuse unless their legal department is very stringent...[​IMG]

5. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

The Fast And the Furious does not include one of the trailers on the DVD.

Pearl Harbor had the music altered for the teaser & theatrical trailers.

Many Buena Vista Home Entertainment titles this year are sans trailers. Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, for example, only had the internet trailers since they lacked a lot of music.

6. Brett C

Brett C Second Unit

Yeah I know about these but Why I am so dismayed about these paramount DVDs and I'm talking about the catalogue releases without the trailer there is nothing on the disc but the main feature.And I have no problem with that if they lowered the price...

7. Lafe F

Lafe F Second Unit

Trailers are my favourite feature, and I'm willing to pay my portion of the cost for music clearance issues, if that's why the trailers aren't on the disc.

I'm wondering why studios can't strip the unauthorized music off a trailer and replace it with stock music?

8. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

I'm wondering why studios can't strip the unauthorized music off a trailer and replace it with stock music?
    __________________________________________________ ___

An even better question than that is why can't they get on paper when they get permission to use those tracks for a trailer, that they retain the rights for all future use of the trailers? I mean, with all the haggling that goes on in Hollywood, you mean that they can't plan ahead?