Paramount: About Argento and "Four Flies" - the director speaks

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Iggy_P, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Iggy_P

Iggy_P Auditioning

We know that Paramount is aware of the interest in Dario Argentos "Four Flies On Grey Velvet".
    In a recent interview with Dario Argento on www.darkdreams.org, the director explicitly said that he hopes that Paramount will decide to release it - as even he himself hasnt got a good copy of this film - so he hasnt seen it for years!
    I dont know if this means anything to Paramount in regards to their considerations about releasing this movie.
    I hope Paramount knows that this movie is the rarest of all Argento movies, as it has never been widely availible on home video. It is also the only Argento movie that hasnt been confirmed for a DVD release, so fans are very anxious to get it.
    The recent sales numbers for Anchor Bays Argento releases shows that it isnt just a handfull of vocal fans that are into his films. I also hope Paramount realizes, that they shouldnt judge the movie solely by screening it for people who arent into Argento - the movie probably makes little sense on its own (if you have no further knowledge of Argentos schemes and themes).
    As a sidenote Paramount should also know that italian Bud Spencer (from the Trinity brothers movies) also has a cult following on the net, and they are also interested in "Four Flies" as Bud Spencer has a small part.
    Sorry if my english is a bit bad [​IMG]

2. Walt Riarson

Walt Riarson Supporting Actor

Four Flies is a great murder mystery, if not a tad silly at times. I hope Paramount decides to release it eventually. With the Argento crowd a shoe-in for buying it, Paramount ought to make a neat little "killing" off this title. [​IMG]

3. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

Part of the problem though is that if they don't release the film in the proper edit, that being unrated, many Argento fans including myself will not be getting the release.

Anyone that has ever seen and Argento film in it's true form knows that his art being 'rated' is only a slap in the face to the viewer but to the director as well.

I just hope that when it happens, it is done correctly...or at least with both versions of the film made available.

4. Claire_B

Claire_B Agent

I totally agree, Chuck.
    Argento fans want their movies UNCUT, Just like the Friday the 13th fans do.
    Do it the right way, Paramount. UNCUT. [​IMG]
    Claire

5. Donald W

Donald W Stunt Coordinator

I hope that sometime soon this film comes out..a lot of people have been talking about this on here and I want to see it now...and yes this film has to be UNCUT...I still hope that the Friday the 13th films come out sometime soon

6. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Screenwriter

Ever since the Blue Underground announcement at Chiller, there has been much confusion as to whether they actually have the movie or are just pursuing the chance to acquire it.

If you can, Martin, can you tell us if there is any truth to this. I mean, if this is being litigated and you can't talk about it, I'll understand. I just want to know if Paramount is officially IN or OUT on this title so we can stop bothering the wrong parties.

7. Matthew Kiernan

Matthew Kiernan Stunt Coordinator

To my knowledge, FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET was released uncut in the U.S. It was never one of Argento's gorier films.

I saw the film in NYC in 1991 with Argento in attendence, where it was shown with SUSPIRIA. Argento introduced both and remarked how he was disappointed the SUSPIRIA print was the U.S. cut while FOUR FLIES was complete.