Paramount: $30 CDN Rebate for ST:TNG problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Yannick Martin, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Yannick Martin

Yannick Martin Stunt Coordinator

To Paramount:

Why is the mail-in rebate for the last 3 season box-sets is void in the Province of Quebec?

I've bought every season of TNG (and I will buy season 6 and 7 when they're release) for an average of $125 CDN by season. I think that I should be eligible as any other Canadian.

I know that the laws are different in Quebec but, if the other studios can do it (Disney has done it with Pearl Harbor), Paramount should offer this rebate to all Canadian, including the people of Quebec.

I hope that your will change your mind and the next box-set will include a new rebate form valid for all Canadian (including those in Quebec).

YM

2. Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe Second Unit

Sorry to disappoint you on this. Your assumptions are essentially right in that the laws of Quebec do make it harder to offer rebates to consumers. But we do want to do them, just not on certain titles, this being one of them, unfortunately. Thanks for your input Yannick.

3. Yannick Martin

Yannick Martin Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the reply Mr. Blythe. I hope that, if you do the same promotion with DS9, Voyager or Enterprise, you'll think about including the Province of Quebec for your rebate.

4. Louis-Philippe

If I'm right, The Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec asks for something like 3% of the total value of the gifts and/or rebates offerings for Canadian contests and 0.5% for international.
    So the studios wisely says: "Except Quebec".
    So here you go, we can blame "The Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec" for that.
    Here's the official link in french:
    http://www.racj.gouv.qc.ca/doc//frais_2002.pdf