What's new

3D Paramount 3-D (1 Viewer)

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
[ CEASE FIRE, a you-are-there-docudrama filmed during actual combat in Korea, and the musical THOSE REDHEADS FROM SEATTLE were restored by the 3-D Film Preservation Fund and screened for the first time at the second World 3-D Film Expo in September 2006, held in the Egyptian in Hollywood. This independent outfit invests their return from ticket sales into tangible results that benefit everybody: http://www.3dfilmpf.org/ One of the best stereoscopic films ever made was produced by Warner Brothers but is now controlled by Paramount through a deal with the Wayne family's Batjac Productions:

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Paramount also owns THE MAZE, which was originally released by Allied Artists. The other Allied Artists 3-D feature from the Golden Age was DRAGONFLY SQUADRON, released flat only in 1954. We own the rights and have the left/right elements. Bob Furmanek Vice President 3-D Film Preservation Fund http://www.3dfilmpf.org/

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
You're welcome, Chas! Here's a bit of 3-D trivia for you: MONEY FROM HOME and FLIGHT TO TANGIER were the only two features shot with Technicolor's 3-D camera system. This massive camera rig had six rolls of stock going through it for each take: yellow, cyan, magenta Left and YCM Right. Jerry Lewis said the heat was so intense on the set, they could only film for very short takes. If you look carefully, you'll see shots where Dean's hair is wet. Here's a shot in front of the camera blimp:

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Thanks for showing us this photo. I wish Dean wasn't standing in front of the lenses so that I could see them. I gather the surrounding box is for the blimp and for six magazines. MONEY FROM HOME has been released flat on DVD. A seriously good character-driven drama / comedy, but when projected in stereo, it's a very different movie. It was the surprise hit of the 2006 Expo. The audience loved it, and then it traveled to other 3-D festivals. The image resolution is staggering. There is a lot to be said for those old, cumbersome photochemical and mechanical processes when they produce a quality so far in advance of what's being shot today. There is simply no comparison. MONEY FROM HOME is one of the stereoscopic films I would most like to see on Blu-ray. A Blu-ray might give TV viewers an idea of how stunning 6-strip dye-transfer Technicolor 3-D can look. Bob, so far as I know your restoration of DRAGONFLY SQUADRON hasn't been shown to the public, has it? What it's like? How is it?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Here's a rare promo film shot on the set of MONEY FROM HOME. The Technicolor 3-D camera is hard to miss!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks