What's new

"Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills" coming to DVD (1 Viewer)

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
I only wish some progress would happen in the actual case itself. I mean, it's great that this superb documentary is finally coming out on DVD, but three potentially innocent young men are still rotting in prison to this day.

Vincent

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Wow. Thats cool that this is coming out. I agree that its a shame there hasnt been more work done to the case. I couldn't imagine what its like to be locked away for so long and be innocent! :frowning:

BrianRi

Stunt Coordinator

You're assuming a hell of a lot, it being the case that these three are CONVICTED murderers. There is a website devoted to their case, www.wm3.org , and if they were wrongly convicted, I hope they are proven innocent. In the meantime, the two Paradise Lost films didn't entirely convince me the WM3 are innocent. And the WM3s' "misfit/outsider" status doesn't lend them any special credibility in my book, either. The Boys From Columbine were misfits and outsiders, and they proved themselves capable of some pretty horrendous acts.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

Being "convicted" doesn't mean jack, plenty "convicted" murderers have seen those convictions overturned as they were 100% innocent.

The points raised in both films raised enough doubt for me to believe they are probably innocent.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter

My post wasn't intended to suggest that I thought they were innocent, I was merely making the statement that if they were innocent, I couldn't imagine what its like to have been locked away for all this time when nyou didnt do it.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
It seems that much of the case was based on the one boy's "confession", and he was a mildly retarded boy at that. A lot of people like the believe that they would never, EVER give a false confession, and to those people I say, check out what happened with the Michael Crowe case. Michael Crowe was a 14-year old boy who, after being browbeaten by the police and psychologically manipulated for 12 hours, "confessed" to murdering his sister. He was locked up in a juvenile facility for eight months while prosecutors prepared to try him as an adult for the crime...

Only thing was, Michael Crowe didn't do it. They recently convicted the real killer, but the cops were ready to send Crowe (and two of his friends) to prison for the rest of their lives based on his "confession". The only thing that saved Michael Crowe in the end was that his entire interrogation was videotaped, and once that tape got it the case fell apart because it could be so clearly seen how his confession was coerced and entirely the result of his own pychological trauma at the time.

The WM3 case was largely built on the "confession" of Jessie Misskelley Jr.. In this case, the hours of Jessie Misskelley's interrogation were NOT recorded, and his "confession" was full of information that was later proven false. Interestingly enough, many of the detail he gave were based on the initial assumptions of the police at to what happened, and not based on what the actual physical evidence later turned out to be. The whole case stinks, just like the Michael Crowe case did, but luckily in that case it all fell apart before it went to trial, but not before Crowe spent eight months in Juvenile Detention for a crime he didn't commit.

Vincent

Mick Wright

Second Unit
Brian, if you believe so strongly in trial outcomes, please give Errol Morris' The Thin Blue Line a spin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks