What's new

Paradigms for small space (1 Viewer)

John Walker

Agent
Hi

I am setting up a HT for the first time. My space is 12x17. I already have very respectable floor standers for CD listening.

I plan on using an additional set of speakers (including a decent sub) just for HT. The rears are micros. Also, I plan on using three identical speakers for the front.

Which Paradigm would you recommend? Micro, Atom or Titan? Please keep in mind I will use the floor standers for music and will have a sub for HT.

Thanks

John

Nick Cerretti

Stunt Coordinator
If you are just planning on using them with a sub on, I'd say Titan. Its a much better speaker for a little bit more. Although I recommend auditioning all three if possible. I'd be curious to see how the micros compare with the same sub. I think a 80 hz crossover would be too low for them, so its either the atom or titan I guess.

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
I have both Atoms and Titans. The Titans are only a little more pricey so unless size is a big issue go with the Titans. They actually do quite well with music without a sub.

John Walker

Agent
I understand the point about ensuring there is no frequency "gap" between the sub and mains etc. However the Micros and Atom are 80 and 70 Hz respectively. (Doesn't seem that great a difference).

Other than build quality (metal tweeter and better mid range cone and basket) what else could warrant me moving to say a Titan setup? Keep in mind I don't plan on replacing my existing floor standers with book case speakers. This is purely a HT setup. (I am leaning toward 3 Atoms for the front).

Thanks

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks