What's new

Paradigms, close to rear Wall ???? (1 Viewer)

John Cain

Second Unit
I am building a dedicated HT, with front projection and a perforated screen, so my Center speaker will be located behind the screen.
I really like the Paradigm Speakers but will probably need to place the Center speaker very close to the rear wall.
Is there some way I can minimize detrimental effects from this, like lining the wall with Theater shield Plus, or some other sort of sound deadening material.
Is anyone here using any Paradigm Reference or other rear ported speakers close to a rear wall?? Can you let me know how that works for you??
Many thanks!!
-- John
------------------

Steve_D

Second Unit
I have my center Studio 40 on a stand about a foot from my RPTV. This solved several problems related to speaker-TV coupling, but the RPTV acts as a wall muddying up mid bass a little (but not as much as placing on top of TV!) in comparison to the mains which are 2 feet from the rear wall. Follow my sig link for a picture.
Solution? 2 thick pillows behind the speaker but in front of the bottom (non-screen) portion of the RPTV. I put them there for movies only, since thats the only time I use my center channel. So yes, I've used sound absorbing material to tame timbre coloration issues.
When I order something else from a store that carries acoustical panels (like parts express), I'll have them throw a panel in the order and cut it to fit and velcro it on.
Paradigm can also send you port tubes, effectively making the speaker acoustic suspension. I'm not sure what this would do to the timbre match with other ported Studios, but its another option probably worth trying.
------------------
Link Removed

John Cain

Second Unit
WOW!! Terrific reply, and lots of great info!!
Many thanks, I'm really excited about the business with the Port tube. I only need that for my Center Speaker, I will leave the LR speakers alone since I have plenty of room there..
Again, many thanks,this gives me new options!!
Take care,
-- John
------------------

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
I'm using a Paradigm CC-370 which is in its own (large) section of a cabinet above the TV. (lloks like this - http://www.geocities.com/needfiles1/1.jpg - sorry, with Geocities you have to cut and paste the link.) I was wondering if my setup could benefit from some sort of acoustic treatment as well? Maybe some damping material on the back wall? Also, what does the additional port tube from Paradigm do?
Ben - I didn't think they made any?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks