What's new

paradigm (1 Viewer)

Scott Kahn

Auditioning
I am looking at the cinema 70 series Paradigm speakers with a PDR 8 sub with a Integra receiver. This is my first theater system and would like some input

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Scott I'm using Paradigm Titans as fronts and the Paradigm CC-170 as fronts I couldn't be more happy. (still have bose 201s as surrounds..oh well) I'm using a Sony sub that I got at sears for a $100 which goes great with my system. I moded the sub with polyfil and modpodge works great for me. Those paradigm subs are way over priced for what you get if you ask me I would spend the money on going with the titans as fronts, maybe a cc-170 center, and atoms as rears. I really wouldn't go with the ADPs cause the price is prohibitve and I don't really need that set up in my room. Anymore questions about these speakers I'd be happy to help! Good luck the Paradigms are great for the cash I just wouldn't go below the Atoms for mains.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Also as the receiver I'm using a mid range Yamaha....I personally would go with a low to mid range yamaha or onkyo to power paradigm speakers but thats just my taste and opinion. I'm also not very familiar with integra. Once again best of luck with the system!

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Which Integra receiver are you considering? I have the DTR 6.4 and its multiple crossover choices go high enough to accommodate the speakers you're thinking about. Paradigm makes some excellent speakers and among sat/sub systems, the Cinema series is not a bad place to start. Energy's Take 5.2 is also a good alternative. Athena also makes some nice, high-value sat/sub systems. If you haven't already purchased, I recommend you bring some of your favourite tunes/movies and AUDITION, AUDITION, AUDITION. There is no substitute to listening for yourself.

Matt Hobbes

Agent
MichaelPR-
Integra is made by the parent company of Onkyo. All in the family!

Paradigm makes some great speakers, and since you mentioned the cinema 70 series, I'm assuming your budget is right around $800 for speakers. I would try to bump up to the performance series, but if your budget is fixed, they should be fine. An Integra receiver is a good choice if you ever get the upgrade bug... 6.4 and up has preouts and has more than enough power for the speakers you are looking at.

Good luck with your first purchase! Make sure you audition the speakers first to make sure they will perform at the levels you will be listening too, but try not to listen to setups that far out of your budget:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks