What's new

paradigm x-over questions help! (1 Viewer)

tomHibbs

Auditioning
hello and thanks for reading. the past 3 years I've had def tech speakers all around. 4towers 1center all with powered subs+ hsu vtf 2. got tired of constant tweaking in 25x20 room. sold everything and replaced with paradigm monitor 7sv3 up front, monitor5sv3 in rear studio reference center, still have hsu sub. powered with denon 3802 receiver. now that age old question and I need opinions here, would you run all speakers small with 80hz x-over for all around listening music 60% movies 40% or experiment with large setting? I'm tired of tweaking thanks for any input, hibbs

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
does that studio center match your speakers? I dont think it does. how do they sound together ? reason why you didnt go with the CC-370 center to match ?

I would run small even with that much music listening. I switch mine to large when I really want full music sound but usually leave it along and let the sub handle it.

tomHibbs

Auditioning
well I got a deal on center, I started out going for reference series came across these 5s &7sI'm not sure I'll stay with them. I am still considering 4 studio 20s and selling my monitor v3s thanks for the reply

Aaron_Mum

Stunt Coordinator
I'd run them all small. The M7s don't have a lot of low end extension anyway and the bass drivers are still being used when they are set to small.

Letting the Denon worry about only the mids and highs will also help.

cabreau

Second Unit
Yes, run them all small and set the crossover to 80Hz. Also, you don't have to put STudio 20's all around, you just need to get 20's for teh front to match the center.

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
I'm starting to think we (the HT enthusiast collective)should consider buying the center first and then finding L and R to match.

Tom: I think what you did makes perfect sense. There are differing opinions but I'm going to say small all around.
There is a recent post on this with some smart responses.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Does the 3802 have an option for a 60hz crossover? I use 60hz on my 3803 with my 20's and Studio-CC and am very happy with the results. I get better bass fill up front, and the sub got tighter because it didn't have so much to do. With your speaker set I don't think you would lose anything at 60hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks