What's new

Paradigm, which speakers match best? (1 Viewer)

Jonny R

Agent
Paradigm website is down, hope you guys can help. I've got a pretty small room, I'm getting Paradigm Minimonitors(smaller shelf ones) as Fronts. Which center should I get? CC-170 or 370? Which surrounds? ADP70 or 170? Thanks very much!

DavidES

Stunt Coordinator
ADP-370s first then if too expensive ADP-170s or another pair of the fronts you want. That one I remember. That goes for all the Monitor line.

CC-370 first then if too expensive CC-170, but don't quote me on the 170. It might be the 270. Same goes for all that line.

There were quite a bit of errors on their site. They had posted adp-170 specs in place of the adp-370 on System Five for example. So I hope they are correcting everything.

Hope it helps.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking at a hard copy of their brochure:

Only the CC-370 and the ADP-370 match the V3(current) monitor series. While paradigm says that ALL paradigm timbre match any other paradigm speaker, they also state that staying within a series gives you the best match, obviously because the drivers are of the same design, or THE same totally. Ideally you'd want to match the cc-370 and ADP-370 (or maybe mini-monitors if you prefer more direct sound).

You can still get great results, and save some money by saving on the surrounds, and you dont NEED to get the ADP-type surrounds, which are more expensive than just some direct-firing 'digms. I have not yet experimented with the ADPs versus a regular bookshelf for surround, but reading here, people have mixed results with both, so you'll have to solve that on your own. I do recommend that you match the center, so that would mean the CC-370.

The other centers and surrounds match the performance series, and are: CC-70, CC-170 and CC-270, then the ADP-70, and ADP-170. (there is no ADP-270).

Hopefully their site will be up again soon, but if you need more info, i can get it.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have Monitor 5s and a CC370 up front with Titans as surrounds. Works great, though I am selling all of them as soon as I get my new speakers (Titans are already spoken for).

For a center, the 370 is the way to go. I have owned the 170 and the 270, and there is no question, the 370 is the better of the bunch. Of course, it's the highest center in the two lines, and yes, the only one that uses the same drivers as the Monitor series. The 170 and 270 use the same drivers as the Performance series.

I went with Titans as rears because they do blend well enough with the Monitor front to rear, but across the front, I could tell the difference with the 270 and the 5s. When I got the 370, everything sounded proper.

DavidES

Stunt Coordinator
Paradigm is recommending the 170's as an alternative to the CC/ADP 370s.
When they come back on, you can select your desired system and scroll down to the bottom of the page, you'll see that recommendation. I noticed that on "System Five".

Jonny R

Agent
I have a small area to fill, so I combined the Titans with the CC/ADP 170's. I know some use Atoms as rears with this setup, but I had the extra money. Still blows away my old Sony HTIB. Site down again, but I was able to get on yesterday and look at the combos however. Thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks