What's new

Paradigm vs. Klipsch (1 Viewer)

Miles M

Agent
I am new to this board, so sorry if this may be a question that has been asked in the past. I finally have the room for a nice music/home theater system(70% music/30%home theater).

I have narrowed my choices to the Paradigm Reference(40/60/80??) and the Klipsch RF3-II/5/7. Currently own a Denon with 110W per channel, which makes me lean toward the more efficient Klipsch. However, I am still unsure of the 'horn' vs. 'tweeter' methodology. Anyone have info. or suggestions regarding these 2 speaker lineups.

Also thinking of going with the SVS subs, as they seem like a great value and I can't justify ~$2k for any other quality sub.

I would appreciate any comments.

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
Miles-
Welcome.
Wow, that's a tough call. You've got some great choices there. I think you'll find that both manufacturers yield excellent build quality, and sound wonderful at that price point. You really can't go wrong with either. I hate to tell you this, but it's really up to what sounds better to you. I ran the Klipsch Synergy line for a while, planning to upgrade to the Reference line. I run B&W's now, because I got a deal I couldn't refuse. I've auditioned both the Paradigm and Klipsch lines, and very much like them both.
I'm not sure if that was much help at all, but for what it's worth, you've narrowed your selections down to excellent choices. ..and SVS, of course, you couldn't have made a better choice. :emoji_thumbsup:
You might consider in-home trials of both sets of speakers, if your dealer will allow that. If you can A/B them in your house, that will help out with the decision quite a bit.
Andy

DaveLenhert

Stunt Coordinator
Greeting Miles!
I understand your delema. When i was hunting for speakers, I webshopped at Klipsch and Paradigm and others. When i went to the Paradigm dealer, they were closed and had bad hours fpr me, so i went looking at the Klipsch Synergy & Reference Lines. I instantly fell in love with the RF-3s & RF-5s, and they were a great match with the Denon 3800. Given my budget, i went home with RF-3s and have rarely looked back. Upgraditis sometimes sets in and wonder what the Paradigm would sound like, but that is usually short lived (I still have not gone an looked at the Paradigm after 6 months of owning the Klipsch).
The Denon's are a great match for the Klipsch and one of the most recomended recievers on the Klipsch Forum www.klipsch.com Some ppl complain that the Klipsch are too bright, and they can be with other recievers, but the Denon's have a warmer sound that makes the Klipsch just about perfect, IMHO.
The SVS are a great match for the Klipsch, I got a KSW-12 during the origional RF-3 purchase, and found it very lacking in Music and HT usage. I ended up selling it and buying a Ultra on the recomendation of Tom @ SVS. I was not sure if the Ultra would be worth the extra cost, but IT IS. Every time i listen to music (50%) and movies (50%) I smile on how seamlessly it integrates with the Klipsch.
-dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks