What's new

Paradigm vs. Klipsch (1 Viewer)

mackie

Supporting Actor
You're absolutely correct to buy from a dealer that will give you the customer service you deserve for spending the kind of money you're looking at spending. I think the dealer is probably more important to customer service than say Paradigm or Klipsch. Whatever you buy, enjoy it, and don't give your money to a dealer that doesn't respect you as a customer...

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Bill, Here is the web site for the sub I have...

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pci_20-39.htm

I am not sure how the cylinder style subs compare to the boxes, but I do know you can get a little more for your money in the cylinder style, because of the easier manufacturing of the cylinder. If you want any more details about the boxes, I am sure some one here can shed some light on them or you could email SVS. They are very helpful.

Frank

Ok, now I'm getting even closer...

Based on what I heard at UE today, I've decided on Paradigm over Klipsch. Listening to music with the Klipsch as a complete set was really nice, but after listening to movie dialog for any length, it became somewhat irritating. I started noticing every "sh" and "ch" sound. The Paradigms were just "mellower," "smoother."

BUT...now because of several comments on other threads, HTF has once again done a good job of marketing and has me considering the Swans.

After looking closely at the prices I could expect to pay for the Paradigms, I'm calculating I should be within approximately $10.00 of the Swans.

Paradigm vs. Swan
Front: Monitor 7 vs. 5.2 BC
Center: CC-370 vs. C3 BC
Surrounds: ADP-370 vs. R3 BC
Sub: SVS 20-39 :) (OK, you've convinced me to try it)

I figure if I can take the risk of buying the SVS without hearing it, I can entertain purchasing the Swans.

Now, in your honest opinions - is there enough of a difference between the Swan and Paradigm speakers that I should really take the risk of ordering something I've never heard?

Your honest feedback is deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

MikeNg

Second Unit
IMO, that difference can only be captured in your ears. You should demo the Swans. Check audioenvy.com for a pair near you!

MikeNg

Hey thanks, I just sent a request to audition the Swans. I didn't know audioenvy.com existed. What a great idea! :emoji_thumbsup:

I think I'll sign-up as a owner once my HT is complete.

Thanks again!

Anyone else have an opinion on the Paradigms vs. the Swans?

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure how big your room is so I won't comment too much on why 7.1 vs 5.1 BUT I will say that I think if you are going 7.1 that 4 ADP 370s is overkill.

2 ADps for the sides and 2 Mini Monitors for the rear should be more than enough. Those ADPs are expensive and for the very very limited amount of movies with true 7.1 sound I think you'd be much better off getting Minis for the rear and spending the money you save on a sub or other gear.

Cameron Wright

Stunt Coordinator
may be wrong but I don't think their are any 7.1 discrete formats... most is DTS 6.1, but with that you would probably make the 2 rear channels to act as one.

DavidCooper

Stunt Coordinator
I've done side by sides between Paradigm and Swan's.

I took my Swan 2.1's up to my local high end shop and tried them out against quite a few Paradigms as well as B&W nautilus.

The Swan's out perform ANY of the Monitor line of Paradigms no question about that. I felt they sounded better than the Studio 20's as well. The 20's had a very harsh and less detailed high than the Swan's. The 20's were nice..but just didn't image as well as the Swan's. The studio 40's sounded closer to the Swan's and did have a better low end but that's expected with those. Pair up the Swan's with a good sub and I think the Swan's would win again.

I have a pair of Mini-Monitors and A/B'd them agains my Swan's in the living room and there was no comparison. It was so obvious which sounded better it wasn't even funny. I tried to do a blindfold test with my wife and she knew righ off the bat which sounded better to her....Swan's.

The price is downright insane...the Studio 20's retail for $800/pr and the 40's are $1200/pr...the Swan 2.1's are $299 plus shipping...that is just crazy.

Cameron Wright

Stunt Coordinator
Thats good.. but on a side note.. $1200?!? I could buy some Studio 100's up here for that... I dont see any swan owners in ontario :frowning:

DavidCooper

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah if your in Canada Paradigm is a pretty darn good deal...I'm not really sure which Swan model would go up against the Studio 100's.....maybe the 5.2 if not that the 6.1 for sure.

My friend has B&W Nautilus 804's and a sunfire sub....he left my house after hearing my little 2.1's and SVS 20-39PC+ and said that he was actually a bit jealous over the sound. Im totally serious here! He agreed that his 804's put up a wider sound stage but the imaging and detail of the Swan's was just awesome. Now that is a great compliment....subs aside those 804's run $3500/pr I believe.

I'm not saying the 2.1's were the BETTER speaker....they just sounded as good as those 804's. Which to me for the huge price difference is just truly amazing.

Cameron Wright

Stunt Coordinator
I know what ya mean, When I had the Boston vr965s Beside some B&W 603s and Paradigm Monitor 90p's
(huge speakers) The Bostons blew them both away.. B&Ws sounded so bad.. I couldn't think how I was going to pay $1600+ for them. Price may be off as it was a few years ago.. but still.

Its a pain with all this mail order stuff you guys have in the states.. wan't an amazing sub.. mail order a SVS.. amazing cheap speakers.. Clicky Clicky it arrives at your door... for us whatever price you see. Times it by at least 1.33 then add 15%... maybe a bit more.. (RAPED!!!!) aw well.. hopefully if I get my job at a distributor of projectors and equipment.. projector at cost for me :D

I guess some people smuggle drugs across the border... I do amps and speakers lol :D

The reason I'm going with 7.1 is because I'm building the HT now and I want to have a system in place that will meet the current surround formats, as well as future. 7.1 is not a "standard" format today, but I'm sure it will be tomorrow.

My HT is 14' long x 12' wide. Because the room is small, I want to stick with dipoles to "spread" the sound for an enveloping experince.

If you think the ADP-370 is overkill, what about the ADP-170 for the rears?

Or for all surrounds?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks