Paradigm vs Axiom

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill_Watts, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Bill_Watts

Bill_Watts Auditioning

Getting ready to upgrade my speakers starting with my front mains and center channel.

I have listened to several brands and really like the Paradigm Monitor 11's. I would like to compare them to Axiom M60ti. Has anyone listened to these speakers? What do you think?

These will be driven by a Denon 3802.

2. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

Bill: Welcome to the fourm. Try the search feature in the top right side of the page of the "speaker/ sub" topic/thread list....using your title you should find the answers you are looking for...

Ron

3. Bry_DD

Bry_DD Second Unit

I had my M60ti for 2 weeks now and I have no complaint so far. Sound is crisp and clear on low and high volume. They're being run by my Denon 3801 my sub is 25-31cs and they blend really good. I'm sure you can't go wrong with either one of them. Hope that helps--->Bry

4. JohnRuggiero

JohnRuggiero Agent

spend the extra money and get the Axiom M80 ti. they are
    incredible for the money and beat the paradigm monitor 11 hands down.

5. EricHaas

EricHaas Supporting Actor

I would consider the Paradigm Studio 60's if you are looking at Monitor 11's. The 60's are roughly the same price and are IMO far superior. The 11's might have a few hz more base extension than the 60's, but otherwise the 60's have the sonic edge in every respect. With the Axioms, I agree you should consider the M80's.

6. David Head

David Head Second Unit

The M80 can play louder than the M60 but it's harder to drive (4 ohm vs. 8 ohm). The M60 is a better match with your 3802.

David

7. KevinGS

KevinGS Stunt Coordinator

I have the M80s driven only by a Denon 1800 and it plays them plenty loud with no stress heard. Your 3802 should suffice (unless your listening area is a small concert hall).
    I compared the Axiom M80 to Paradigm Monitor 9 v2 and the Axiom's were far better in focused imaging and bass.

8. Bill_Watts

Bill_Watts Auditioning

Thanks for the input. I will listen to a pair of Studio 60's and compare them to the Monitor 11's.

How will these compare to the M60 or M80?

9. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

If the M80's are pushing it price-wise, I would recommend the M60's. The owner/pres of Axiom has stated in the past that the two speakers have very similar sound, with the main difference between them being that the M80 can go louder (more efficient, more power handling). But the M60's are pretty efficient themselves, so they should be fine for most listening environments. (They're plenty loud enough in my 3500 cubic foot living room that's open to the kitchen in back).

10. Mark_Buss

Mark_Buss Extra

I've had Monitor 11's for several months now and love them (never heard the Axioms to compare) but used to drive them from a Marantz SR7000 - they were good but not great. Then I bi amped them with Marantz MA6100 monoblocks and now they REALLY sound good, in fact amazing as far as I'm concerned. Huge difference when I gave them power. I don't know that the 3802 would really be able to drive them well, that's my only thought. The sound difference was like night and day with my amplifier upgrade. I think the Studio 60's would have a similar problem although I can't be sure as I don't own them.