Paradigm version 3?!?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martin Rendall, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

I saw a reference to a store clearing out their version 2 line to make room for version 3... Does anybody have any details?

Thanks,

Martin.

2. Ron Alcasid

Ron Alcasid Stunt Coordinator

Which Paradigm product line are you refering to, Performance, Monitor or Reference?

3. JeffreyH

JeffreyH Stunt Coordinator

I've already seen one of them, it's the CC-270 from the Performance series.

The stats aren't on the Paradigm website yet but I got an e-mail stating the specs and pics would be up as soon as possible.

4. Mike_A

Mike_A Stunt Coordinator

i've actually been wondering for a while what the diff was between v1 and v2 (specifically on the monitor line since that's what i have [​IMG] ). anyone know?

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    This was discussed before, and no difinitive answer came up. I would expect it to be an overall update similar to what was done when going from v1 to v2. There is quite a bit different between the cabinets on v1 and v2, but the drivers and sound are basically identical. I have both v1s and v2s and I can't hear a difference.

6. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Supporting Actor

The update refers to the Performance series.

The Performance series has been upgraded to v3 status. A run down of the changes:

The biggest change manifests itself in the new Phantom and Legend models. These models have been completely redesigned (the Legend no longer includes a powered sub) and include such niceties as a 1" tweeter (the previous versions had 3/4" tweets) and newly designed mid/bass drivers, using some new composite material that includes metal, if I recall correctly. The front grilles on these two speakers are now removable.

They have also added a new centre channel, the CC-270, which uses the same new driver technology as the Phantom and Legend.

The lower models in the series, specifically the Micro, Atom and Titan are _unchanged_ in the new series, but have been designated v3 to match the rest of their mates in the Performance series.

I believe next up is v3 for the Monitor series and then finally the Reference series later next year.

----

Jeff

7. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

Jeff,
    Thanks for the info! It's good to know that my new three day old speakers aren't quite obsolete yet... [​IMG]
    Martin.

8. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

My Paradigm PS 1000 that I got a year ago is V3, my other speakers(Mini Monitors) are all V1. If they have made any improvements on these speakers with new versions thats awesome, cause these speakers are great as is.

Kevin