What's new

Paradigm v. Athena v. Klipsch (1 Viewer)

EddieB

Auditioning
I am looking strictly for stereo speakers for music and parties. I am trying stay in the $500+/- range. So far I have:

Athena SF-1 $375
Klipsch RF-25 $660 Kind of expensive
Paradigm Legend $ 520 (demo unit)

I think I am leaning towards the Paradigm legends

Any experiece? opinions?

Clark F

Agent
They are all fine brands.
I have Paradigm fronts, center, surrounds and sub and really like them.
IMHO, the best advice given on this forum to questions like this is choose whatever sounds best to you.
Enjoy!

Edited at 10:56:
If you can spend a little more, you can purchase Paradigm Monitor 7's, which you would probably be happier with for a longer time.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Speakers for parties?

From personal experience you had better make sure you buy some heavy-duty speakers. Parties are notorious speaker-killers. So I can't in good conscience recommend "regular" speakers.

Klipsch's should do fine in that environment but if you want some real floorpounders--that won't set you back tons of money--you need Cerwin-Vega or DCM.

These are the fun, but kind of in-your-face speakers of the audio world (the Mick Jaggers of speakers?). They can put out very loud & clean sound levels and are built to take abuse without failing easily. I personally think they sound good, but after a couple hours (action movie or non-party metal music listening) they can get a little fatiguing. But until that happens it's a good ride!

MTX speakers look very similar in design to C-W & DCM, but since my local Circuit City's sound room never seems to work right:thumbsdown: unfortunately I can't offer an opinion on them.

LJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks