What's new

Paradigm Upgrade, Advice Needed (1 Viewer)

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
Option B is tempting, especially after auditioning those 60's... Whats a guy to do ? :confused:
The problem is that I can't see a time in the near future when I can afford the 20's as surrounds (or their ADPs) and the CC, which means I'm stuck with a pair of (admittedly great) mains with nothing else.
Thanks for all of your help guys!

Tony Meconiates

Stunt Coordinator
Dave,

From one paradigm owner to another, get the 60's man, seriously. As far as the cost of the CC and ADP's, I have an online connection that can get you the following pricing on brand new stuff:

CC: 350 + shipping

ADP: 595 + shipping

Let me know if you are interested and I can e-mail you the info.

DavidY

Supporting Actor
Studio/20 or Studio/40 are both cheaper than the Studio/60. Either one would be a fine addition if you are using a powered sub for the bass.

The Studio/20 are priced about the same as the Monitor 7. I really like the Studio over the Monitor series. FWIW, I am a proud owner of the Studio/60 V.1 mains, CC-450 centre and Studio/20 V.1 rears.

Just my 2 cents Canadian.

Dave

JohnDG

Stunt Coordinator
(Hoping not to gum up the works...) how about Option C: get a sub?

Getting a sub will not only fill out the bass on the 7's (the only disadvantage until you move to the reference line), but it will also make the 7's perform better: less bass to the 7's will lessen the strain on the receiver; less low bass to the 7's will help with the sound of the midbass.

IMHO, you can get away with cheap surrounds for some time. And, if you only have one listening position and don't mind playing films loud to make up for muddy dialog, with you can delay the CC for awhile.

Have fun.

jdg

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
I would also look at a getting a sub as well, before options A or B. If you are generally happy with the Monitor 7's, and do more HT than music, a sub will make the HT WAY more enjoyable.

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
Well, I went in yesterday and put some money down on "Option A". I'm not getting my tax refund for a couple of weeks, but their sale ended yesterday, so I put down 10%. If my tax refund comes back "heavy" I'm going to look at getting a sub too. I have the PDR-10 in mind, though I never got a price quote from them. I can't use the sub (in a "family inhabited" appt building) until the summer when I get my new place, so that is certainly not a rush right now.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks