Paradigm Titans...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew S, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Andrew S

Andrew S Stunt Coordinator

I have a birthday coming up, and was thinking of asking my parents for a pair of Paradigm Titans to replace my sony speakers (or a paintball gun, not sure yet). I know this is more of a question to ask a dealer, but I just wanted to know what kind of price (canadian $$$) to expect when I walk into the shop (without stands).

Usually it's the other way around, and I go to the shop, get a price, and come back here and ask how it is, but I haven't been there yet and wanted an idea [​IMG]
    Also, the matching centre channel would be the cc-170, right? What about getting a single shielded Titan instead? (or can you buy them individually?).
    Thanks,
    Andrew

2. Nathan Porteous

Nathan Porteous Stunt Coordinator

You would be looking at about $280 before tx cdn i just bought some about 2 months ago and got them for $250 tax included so you can get the price down alot with some bargining. You'll have a hard time finding one seperate i wanted on for rear channel but couldn't get it instead bought 7 ch reciever hehe.
    You made a good choise with the titans i auditioned about 10 pairs from bose to b+w they sounded the best to me good luck.
    and i think the center is right

3. Andrew S

Alright, thanks for the reply
    Andrew

4. Justin Ward

Justin Ward Supporting Actor

The Titans are great and yes, the matching center channel is the CC-170. I paid $229(Canadian) before taxes for my Titans.

5. keir

keir Stunt Coordinator

A shielded titan would be perfect for a center channel if its an option. I think getting 3 bookshelf speakers across the front sounds better than a matching center.

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    You cannot buy single Titans new, at least I have never seen any sold that way. I used 3 as my rear stage in a 6.1 setup, and it worked quite well, but a friend offered to buy one pair so I put my CC170 back there (one Titan was going to waste basically anyway). As a main center, the 170 is OK, but not ideal, and I feel another Titan would do much better. 3 pairs would give you identical speakers all around in a 6.1 setup.

What about a sub? The Titans have decent bass, and can manage without one, but IMO, they are best served by being teamed with a sub.

I paid $189 US for a pair of shielded V3 Titans last year.

7. Andrew S

Thanks for all the replies.
    About the sub issue, I already have a DIY Tempest in my 9' x 11' bedroom so I think I'm set as far as extension goes.

I still might check out the used market, as I've had some Titan deals ($150 CDN) slip through my fingers so far, might find so more.

Anyway, thanks again for the replies.
    Andrew