What's new

Paradigm Titans vs. polk rt35i (1 Viewer)

Andrew Lin

Grip
I can get both for about the same price for my fronts and rears.. which ones should I go with?

Also is there a major difference between the Titans and the Atoms?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have 4 pairs of Titans, 2 as surrounds, and 2 as mains in my bedroom, and I demoed the RT35is last week. There is no question in my mind that the Titans are the better speaker, not to mention that they are less than the 35i even at their (local) clearance prices. Just a few weeks ago, I replaced an older set of v1 Titans with v3s (sold the v1s to a friend) and I got them for $189/pr., and in general, one should be able to get them for around $200 without much haggling.

I also had a pair of Atoms in my bedroom as mains, but I did an A-B with my Titans, and ended up exchanging the Atoms for the second pair of Titans. I tried the Atoms as surrounds, and they were OK, but the Titans sounded better there to my ears also. The main difference between the two is basically bass vs accuracy - The Titan easily has better bass, but is not quite as tight as the Atom in the midrange. The Atom is very accurate and clean in the mid, but just does not have enough low end to be effective as a main with only a 70Hz bottom, IMO.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Bay Area Audio on DeAnza Blvd is the only South Bay Paradigm dealer I know. I think Paradigm is their lowest line of speakers also ;) They carry Sonus Faber, Thiel, Ariel, Mirage... There are other dealers in the East Bay and SF.
Maybe we should have a Santa Clara HTF "mini meet" since another SC member and I are getting together sometime next week for some HT BSing... Shoot me an email if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks