What's new

Paradigm Titans A Good Choice? (1 Viewer)

Marc H

Second Unit
Head's up if you aren't aware already... the version 3 of the Paradigm Performance series is out on the market now.

There's also a new CC270 now between the 170 and 370.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
For Cambridge, only the Newton line is worth it, and they are more expensive than Titans.
I must say, those Newtons are impressive... but worth the price?

John, what do you think about the CS Tower IIs, especially since they can be had for $400-500/pair from Hifi.com? I went to the local CS distributor to hear the Newtons, and took some time to check out the Towers. I must say, I was impressed. Of course, in-store vs at-home is always an issue, but they sounded as good or better than most of the similarly-priced speakers I've auditioned (in-store) - and, again, I'm talking a $400-500 price-range.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I like the Newtons. The "MC" (intended for HT apparently) series are decently priced, but the "M" series are very overpriced for what they are. The package deals that use the MCs are not bad at all, but again, similar Paradigms will sound as good or better for a bit less.
The tower II sounds good becuase it has a better tweeter (soft dome) than any of the other Cambridge speakers, which all utilize mylar tweeters (or no tweeter). I definitely like them for the price, but I don't have a need for floor standers. For HT specifically, I prefer to have a sub handle the low frequencies. Music is another story, as I feel a large speaker does a better job, especially for stereo playback. I am not at all disappointed with my Minis & sub for music though. :D

ScottieW

Auditioning
I used to have Titans in the front and Atoms for surrounds with the CC-170 and a PDR-10. That was an awesome setup. I upgraded to monitors recently. I ran a Denon 2801 with that set and now I've recently upgraded to the Denon 3802. Anyway I was very pleased with the Titan/Atom combo, I just wanted to hear more mid-range. Now I have my Titans in the rear with Monitor 11s in the front teamed up with the CC-370 and PW-2200 sub.

Paradigm is excellent. You might want to check out the mini-monitors as other people have suggested, my friend is leaning that way: mini-monitors in the front with atoms in the rear.

-Scottie

ScottK

Grip
I ended up purchasing 4 Paradigm Titan's, a CC170, and PDR-10 sub, and an Onkyo 595.. I can say that I'm very happy with them and it fills my odd shaped room very well! Still in the process of placing them and running the wires correctly. Someday when I graduate to a larger room, I can see getting bigger mains and sub, but until then I'm very happy. When I do upgrade I'm sure I'll stick with Paradigm!

I did it all for about $1500...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks