What's new

Paradigm .. THANK YOU! (1 Viewer)

Whelp I couldn't wait.. I had my Monitor 7's in boxes for a week now and wanted to see if the 700 bucks was worth the investment. I was upgrading from a cheap pair of JBL towers before, well cheap meaning like 300 for the pair.

I know these Paradigm's are not their best and many you probably laugh at me but I just wanted to maybe share with some other HT newbies.

I got home and my wire was not in but the CC370 arrived =)
I am fully hooking the system up this weekend, but I had the itch last nite to hook up the receiver and the Paradigm 7's up with my cd player just to see if I had something special waiting.

I put on Supertramp "Breakfast in America" and sat back to listen. Now mind you since my wire was not in yet, i hooked them up with short 18 gauge speaker wire and not enough length to properly place the speakers.

What I heard probably best described as "Brought tears to my eyes" not that I spent 700 bucks on these speakers (which is not alot for speakers I know but for me it was) but because my ears heard something that they never have before. The sound was so life like, I could actually picture the guitars with the sounds of the pic's on the strings, the horns were all there. I mean I heard background voices on "The Logical Song" that I NEVER knew existed.

Long story short, I am hooked. I am just sorry it took so long to find this forum and get the great advice and enthusiasm it created to make this upgrade. I just cant wait to hear these with my SVS Sub in the mix, and all the proper wiring and placement. As well as watching my movies and experiencing them all over again with new found details I have missed before.

Thanks to everyone that made me realize what I have been missing for all these years. I am sure my purchases are not done, and will always be moving up the HT ladder with better and more thought out ideas.

--Tony

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Tony, (Soprano??) :D

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm in the post. I enjoyed reading it. Money is not the issue here. It's your personal experience with your new purchase.

Audio/Video can be/is a very emotional experience. Your tears are reflective of that experience and I am sure we've all been moved to that point with our systems and may not share as openly as you have.

It's always a pleasure to discover new things in life and audio/video is no different. Much luck with your new system.

Don't "Take the Long Way Home" as I am sure you'll want to listen more as the days/weeks/years go by.

Charles

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I had the very same experience over 4 years ago when I purchased my Monitor 7s. I was also hearing things in CDs I had never heard before. This is a great speaker. Many feel this is the best speaker in the Monitor line.

A couple of years ago I splurged on a pair of bi-wired speaker cables that I paid $200 for. This brought my 7s to a new level that even my wife could detect. Spousal acceptance makes a purchase much easier.

I am sure you will have many years of enjoyment out of your 7s, I know I have.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Please explain what these bi-wire speaker wires do?
Tony,
I would suggest as Michael that you break the speakers in first and then do a search for "bi-wire" on the HTF forum and at avsforum.com.

You'll receive a lot of information on this subject. Some think its "witchcraft" and others hear differently.

Charles

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
dont ever apologize for how much less you spend on your system than others...its your system, with your money, and says what you like about music...if you put you into it, it will sound good at 1000 and good at 10000...but its yours, and no one should criticize that...

having said that,
congrats on your new found love...if you want to listen to some music that will amaze how much you were missing before, put on darkside of the moon, put it on slightly loud and you will here full conversations that you never heard before...its amazing whats on that cd...

enjoy

Rich

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Tony,

Refreshing to read about your enthusiasm, as another poster mentioned. Oftentimes with forum feedback we hear remorse, or the polar opposite of your experience.

The Monitor 7's really are a great speaker for the money.

And what you spent on them is immaterial to your appreciation. Just sit back and enjoy them, and , as mentioned, after a week or two, they will settle in and will really grow on you (in a good way).
Wouldn't worry about bi-wiring them as a "must-do" right now. If you read up on bi-wiring, feel it's worth an audition, and have some extra funds, then give it a shot. I would (if I had to own the 7's again) buy a nice pair of cables and add a quality jumper to the tweeters. That, IMHO, will get you optimum performance out of the 7's without breaking the bank.
Enjoy,
BOK

Cam S

Screenwriter
The Paradigm Monitor line is one of the best deals in Home Audio. They are great sounding speakers for the money, so be very happy with them!! I was originally going to get Monitor speakers, but I went all out and got the Klipsch Reference speakers instead.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

Among the best yes. Although the Reference series is SO amazing for that price. WOW! I swear... Canada HAD to have invaded some little country somewhere that only made great speakers, and looted them to be able to sell these so cheaply. :D I can't see HOW they make these so great. I'm still so stuck on the Titans, I almost forget that I have mini-monitors in the other room. ;) I'm pining for the day when I trade mine in for Studio 20s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks