What's new

Paradigm Surround Back Help (1 Viewer)

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
Here's my setup right now and I have aquestion on what to use for Surround Back(s).

Monitor 3's as Mains
CC-370 Center
ADP 170's as Surrounds

Now should I stay with my CC-170 as a Surround Rear or sell that and go with 7.1 and get Mini Monitors for my Rears. My Receiver(Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX) is capable of 7.1 Surround and wanted some opinions on this!

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
Room is 25x15 with 8 foot ceiling. My couch is about 6 feet from the back wall. My ADP Surrounds are placed on each side of the couch. I have CC-170 directly behind the couch on a stand against the back wall. I was thinking of placing the Mini Monitors in the 2 back corners and face them towards the main listening area, and sell the CC-170!

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
I have Studio 100's and StudioCC in the front, Studio ADP's as the Surround Left/Right, and Minimonitors as the surround back speakers and they do a great job as the Surround Back speakers. Id get the mini's in the back, (my $0.02)

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
I think I'm going to try it. I can get a pair of used Mini-Monitors v2 for $200 and I should be able to sell the CC-170 for at least $150. So a $50 swing for an extra speaker. You can't beat it!

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
For sure. I've experimented with 6.1 and 7.1 in my room and having two speakers back there is absolutely a worthy investment. The widened rear sound stage sounds leaps and bounds better than one speaker on rear duty. That will be a $50 investment you won't regret.

BTW - $200 for some v2 Mini's! Do you mind if I ask where from?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks