What's new

Paradigm Sub vs... (1 Viewer)

Bri~A

Agent
Has anyone out there had experience with the Paradigm PW-2200 sub? Let me know your impressions of it. Also let me know what you think of it compared to other subs you have experience with. What does it otuperform? What (under $1100 and non-SVS) is superior to it in your opinions? Thanks for the input all!

~Bri

Cameron Wright

Stunt Coordinator
I love my PW-2200, I had a PS-1200 for my first sub and I sold it and picked up a PW-2200 after a while. I tested Servo-15,B&W,Bostons and home and none could match the PW-2200 except Maybe the servo... but in my setup the PW-2200 outperformed the servo. You cant go wrong

Lee Frisby

Auditioning
I have a PW-2200 also and I am very happy with it. My friend has a svs 20-39 cylinder series with the 700 watt amp, so I brought my 2200 over to compare the two. The svs seemed like it had more to it, fuller, more sound. I don't know how to describe it, but it did sound better. Now saying all that ,I paid $800.00 cdn taxes included and he paid $1600.00 cdn or close to it. For the price of the PW-2200 compared to the svs the difference in sound wasn't worth paying twice as much for the svs . But this it just my opinion.:)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I am also have the PW-2200 and really like it. I can't compare it to any other sub, but have been very pleased with it for almost 4 years.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Other non SVS options.

Hsu VTF3 ($849)
Adire Dharman ($599)

The PW2200 can be had in Canada for less than $500USD. $1100USD is way way too much for it ($600USD is in my mind as well), as both the above mentioned subs will out perform it.

I'm very happy with my PW-2200. It was a little boomy with music to start but after some break in time, moving it around in the room and fine tuning it sounds a lot better. Home theater wise its great. It took on Star Wars AOTC's and survived no problem, but the house is now 2 feet closer to the ocean. I upgraded from a Klipsch KSW-12 which I still have and there is really no comparison. It was a definite upgrade all around.

MarkWC

Stunt Coordinator
I was trying to compare the same in that price category.
I found this site today:
http://www.audiorevolution.com
Go to best of awards on the left and scroll down to subwoofers for a listing of highly recommended units. I would like to demo it next to the SuperCube 1. (Its finish will match my Elite too)
Has anyone compared these two?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks