Paradigm Studio V2? or V3?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by altan, Nov 28, 2002.

1. altan

altan Stunt Coordinator

What is the current version of the Paradigm Studio series?

Has it been upgraded to V3 recently?

If so, what changes were made?

Thanks

2. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

The studio line has not yet been upgraded. We're still on V.2.

3. altan

altan Stunt Coordinator

Thanks.

Heard anything about a date for a v3 upgrade? Any reason to hold off a purchase? (which is exactly what Paradigm doesn't want to hear...)

4. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

They introduced some new stuff at CEDIA but I think it was intended to be a step above the Studio line. I recall one of their marketing reps being a guest on another forum and he indicated that they don't have any intention of introducing a v.3 at this time. However, they just might introduce a new line at CES, who knows... I think you'd be safe getting a system now.

5. altan

altan Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the information... I find it strange that Paradigm doesn't clearly (if at all) state what versions each model of speaker is...

... Altan

6. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

IMO, Paradigm doesn't really give out new version info until it is basically ready for sale at your nearest retail dealer. Several years ago, I bought a pair of Studio V.1 speakers. I specifically asked several Paradigm dealers if there was a new version out soon. Nada. A couple of months later, the new V.2 were out. I was upset about the lack of info given by the various Paradigm dealers and the manufacturer itself...I think that I had also emailed Paradigm without any success. [​IMG] Looking back, it was probably a good thing as I like the look of the V.1 over the V.2....but the new versions made it difficult for me to add matching Studio V.1 speakers (dark cherry laminate) afterwards.
    Dave

7. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

Dave,

I'm now where you were back then. I need a few more speakers to finish my V2 system, but I don't want to spend the money until I absolutely have to. Of course, a lack of communication from Paradigm makes it all harder than it should be.

Martin.