What's new

Paradigm Studio Series. (1 Viewer)

Anthony Sa

Agent
Hey everyone, this is my first post after many months of reading this board. I will be listening to a pair of Paradigm Studio 40's tomorrow at a local shop. Hopefully they will have the Studio CC and tha Studio/ADP's setup to listen to as well. Now, I have checked out many other speakers in this price range (B&W, JBL Studio series are the most recent) and am looking for a reliable (and hopefully not too expensive) place online to buy the Paradigm speakers (assuming I like them better than the B&W's). I am going to be running these through a Denon 3802 reciever and a Adire Audio Tempest subwoofer (custom 6.5ft^3 box tuned to 18hz). So if anyone could help me find a relativly inexpensive place online to buy the paradigm studio 40/cc/ADP I would very much appreciate it. I am hoping to not pay more than $1500 including shipping, but that seems a bit optimistic, but hey, its worth a shot!

Thanks, This is a great board!

Anthony

aaron campbell

Second Unit
Welcome to the forum Anthony , sorry, but Paradigm's are only sold thru authorized dealers. No internet sales.

Aaron

Anthony Sa

Agent
Yep, thats what I was afraid of! I would hate to have to go with a speaker that doesnt perform as good as I would like just for cost reasons, but thats the way it might have to be. I will check out the Studio 20's as well. Hopefully, the 20's and 40's are close. I have heard people talk about the 40's and have never heard a single complaint.

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
That price will certainly not get you all three. Paradigms are a great value though and it's definately worth spending the money for it. I would go with the 60s and up if I could but the 20s and 40s will definately serve you well. In fact you might actually find the smaller speakers to sound better but I believe that's only a false perception. It depends on your room size and what you are using it for. I suspect you'll be using it for your HT? I would go with the 40s if you can.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Wow, 6th ave isn't cheap. My dealer will sell the studio 100 v2s for $1600.00. 6th ave wants $1898.00.

Daniel Martin

Auditioning
Anthony,

If you are living near Canada, you might want to make a trip to a dealer there.

You can usually save 30-40% off the the same equipement sold in the US. There are no duty fees, and the sales tax is refundable (the GST).

I do own a pair of Studio 40's. They are very good speakers in their price range. I selected them after a few hours listening to the 20's, 40's and 60's.

Hope this helps,

Daniel.

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Aaron, 6th Ave. IS an authorized dealer.
No, I never said the price was good. ;) Anthony asked for a place to buy Paradigm on line and this is the only source I know of.
:)

Evan H

Stunt Coordinator
Anthony.... I'm a proud owner of Studio 20's as my mains. When I was buying my stereo, I only had enough money floating around to purchase them, and have never regretted my decision. I did one day, just for kicks, audition a set of 40's side by side w/ a set of 20's. I felt that as good as the 20's are, the 40's absolutely floored them in performance down low (Upper base). Once I graduate college and get into the real world, I plan to move my 20's to the rear, and replace them with 40's up front.
I guess what i'm getting at is if money is a constraint have no fear about stepping back your purchase to the 20's as they will be excellent performers for the money, and when mated with a quality sub, you won't be missing out on anything at all.
But then again what do i know, i'm just a starving college senior trying to find a job ;)
Good luck on your purchase!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks