Paradigm Studio Series Rosenut Veneer - need photos

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EricHaas, Jun 23, 2002.

1. EricHaas

EricHaas Supporting Actor

Does anyone have a link to a photo of any of the Studio series with a Rosenut wood veneer? Preferrably the Studio 60's but any photos will do. Need to sell the WAF on them.

2. Steven Hen

Steven Hen Stunt Coordinator

3. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

steven hen, i think in order to really help eric haas with his wifey is to crank up the light in your ht room, and take a few shoots from different angle.

that way you could really show how good the wood veneer is. i mean, it should be shiny, right? or perhaps put the grill on, just in case eric's wifey doesnt like a nude speaker.

my 2 cents

4. EricHaas

EricHaas Supporting Actor

Thanks for the pic! You don't have to take the trouble to take more photos, unless you want to, that is. [​IMG]
    I've got a serious situation here. I have Studio 20's in black laminate. She hates them. Also, she makes me put them on bookshelves (they are rear ported), 4 feet above ear level (and she still hates them). She said I could put them on stands if she liked the stands. I printed pictures of over 100 models of stands. She hates all of them. Now she says that she would like towers better than bookshelves on stands. But she has to like how they look. She tends to like the dark cherry/rosenut look, and most of our furniture is this color. So I was thinking about Studio 60's in rosenut.
    Any more pics of any Studios in rosenut would be great!

5. Sebastien David

Sebastien David Second Unit

man!
    that is a very demanding wife you have!
    makes me appreciate my girlfriend better...

6. Andrew Santos

Andrew Santos Stunt Coordinator

sounds likes it's time to find a new woman.

sounds way too overbearing. are you allowed to enjoy anything?

7. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

This is one case where I'd have to agree with the wife. IMHO, there's nothing more plain, boring, blah that plain black speakers. In a dedicated theater room where it's going to be dark anyway then black is OK. But if it's not to be in your living/family room then I like a nice wood finish. It makes the speakers look more like furniture than just ugly square boxes.

Steven,

Those look a lot like a pair of speakers I just finished building. I used cherry veneer with red mahogany dye. They turned out beautiful!

Brian

8. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

Actually I disagree Brian, I do like the dark cherry's etc but I think it depends on your decor, I boughta pair of paradigm Atoms in cherry and I actually find my B&W 303's in black look MUCH better on my stands in my room. My hardwood is a dark stained oak and maybe this is why. I'm also using silver metal stands witha glass base.

I showed my g/f a picture of the Axiom M80 in boston cherry and she thought the black looked better. ODD very ODD

9. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

James,
    If we all agreed this would be a very boring place! [​IMG] Of course there are always exceptions. I'm lucky enough that my wife trusts my tastes and actually agrees with most of them. She never once has said a word about how I finish my speakers and doesn't mind that I don't build them with grills!
    Also, I'll be building a new coffee table that will match the finish of my speakers and will have large drawers for DVD/CD storage!
    Brian