What's new

Paradigm Studio Series question (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
I'm looking at buying the Paradigm Studio 40 speakers. Do i NEED to buy those stands that come with them at the store? Im buying the speakers used. Is there anything special about those stands in particular?

MarkWC

Stunt Coordinator
You don't need to buy any kind of specific stands. You do need tolook for specific features. First, I would find stands that put you ears just below the tweeter while sitting. Also, you want stands that you can fill with either sand or BB to prevent them from rattling. Stay away from wood, look for at least a 10" base plate, and sit back and enjoy.

Just my $0.02

Dave Ma

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy those stands(PREMIER). They are the perfect height and are very heavy. The tubes can be filled with sand. They can be had for $150, which is a very good deal for those stands. I recomend them:D

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I would recommend going with the studio 60's. Better bass extension and you won't need stands. I also believe that the 60's without the stands cost less than the 40's with the stands. To my ears the 40's and 60's sounded almost identical. Just a thought.... I would however recommend the premier stands if you did get the 40's.

Greg

Edward M

Stunt Coordinator
I've got the premier stands with my 40's very nice stands, very heavy and solid even without filling them. I had 60's for awhile but didn't like the tweeter position being below my ear level. I was considering trying to elevate the 60's but liked the sound of the 40's better. I paid $750 for the 40's, $150 for the premier stands..compared to the $1150 for the 60's. So the 40's with stands worked out cheaper than the 60's by $150. Everyone always says it's the same price...haven't figured that one out. I found that I like to move my mains around alot with different positions used for personal stereo music listening and movie viewing with others and got annoyed by the weight of the 60's and the fact that there are no handles :) The 40's with the permier stands are very easy to move around if your like me. Crossed over to my ACI Titan II LE sub makes them a wonderful full range speaker.

Zbigniew

Stunt Coordinator
In my case, I am using Active 40's on a nice wooden stands, found in Home Depot for an amazing price of $20 a piece. They not only work great, but also are a nicoe storage for some coffe table books.

Take a look at:
http://www.pbase.com/kleks/ht

Since my wife picked them, they have great WAF...

All the best,

_zjt

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Even though Paradigm isn't making the active series any longer, many authorized dealers still carry them. I know my local Ovation has about 3 pairs of Active 20s for about 25% off, just trying to clear them out.

Sorry if that's off topic... just so i feel like i'm contributing, i'd recommend the Parts Express Audiophile High Mass speakers stands. For the 40's, i'd recommend the 24" version, which would put the tweeter at about 44", which is just above (by a few inches) the average ear level when sitting. Those stands are very heavy (25lb each), fillable, and include both adjustable carpet spikes and feet for hard floors. Also, they're only $90 a pair + shipping.

Hope this helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks