What's new

Paradigm studio reference 100 vs. Axiom M80 (1 Viewer)

wei

Auditioning
I just got a pair of Axiom M80 with the VPN150. I like the speakers very much and they sound sweet.
However, I have always wanted a set of Paradigm Studio Reference 100 with Studio CC.
I can spend $700 (Canadian funds) more to get the Paradigm Studio package.
But I hate to bring the Axiom set back to the dealer. I have dealt with the shop for a few years and they always treat me very well so I hate to create a set of open items for them (I have to get the Paradigm set from another dealer).

My questions for the you gurus are:
1. is there any significant difference in sound quality between the Axiom set I have now and the Paradigm set -- assuming I will add dual SVS CS-Ultra pretty soon?
2. If I cannot be happy unless I have the Paradigm Studio set, does it make sense to use the Axiom as my rear speakers and the Pardigm Studio set as the front L/R/C?

thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.

Wei

BobRoulier

Second Unit
I would suggest that you listen to both speakers in your home preferably at the same time you figure your only gonna have one open box to return;) I don't think there is any other way of knowing exactly what will sound better in your home with your electronics. I wouldn't worry to much about returning an open box item the dealers would not do it if they couldn't afford it.
I cant say anything about the Axioms cause I have never heard them but I have the studio 100v2 and cc and I have been very pleased with them so far about 8 months now
let us know what you decided, Bob

Jack Dotson

Agent
Is there anyone who has compared these two speakers? I'm also very interested to hear how the M80's fair against the Studio 100's. I've heard the 100's, but not the Axiom's, anyone?
I guess we are going to have to depend on our Canadian friends to provide allot more of the reviews in the future as all the really good speakers at a reasonable cost seem to be coming from north of the border these days.
What you guys feeding those engineers up there? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks