What's new

Paradigm Studio Pricing and Dealer Questions (1 Viewer)

Ryan Muessig

Auditioning
After much deliberation and lots of auditions, I have decided on the following for my initial purchase of speakers:

Front: Paradigm Studio 60's
Center: Paradigm CC-470
Subwoofer: Paradigm PW-2100
Rear: existing speakers, will upgrade later.

I have had a tough time trying to get my local (and neighboring cities) representatives to give me a very good price quote. Most want to wait until I tell them I'm "ready to purchase today" before they will give me a price.

So, a few questions: Are paradigm dealers forbidden from shipping product due to distribution rules? Is it worth getting quotes from dealers in New Jersey, for example, if I live in Austin, TX, and don't plan on traveling that far to pick them up?

What should I expect on average, and/or as a best deal for the speakers above?

Here is the best price that I have been quoted (USD):

Studio 60's: $1309.00
CC-470: $521.99
PW-2100: $635.00

Are these good, bad, or average prices? Any advice for haggling the dealers? It seems that they will all price match, but I need a dealer who has a low-enough quotable price to match.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Ryan

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
I have heard that Pdigm dealers cannot ship and the prices that they usually quote are the MRSP. I live in Canada so I can't comment on your prices but from my experience they will drop about 10 to 15 percent when you commit to buy. They dont discount them very much but since you are spending so much you might be able to swing another deal like say throwing in some Titans for surround duty.

ArnaudP

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan:

I am probably going to buy studio 20 v3 and cc470 v3. My local Paradigm dealer quoted me $700 for 20v3 and $500 for cc470v3.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Paradigm is very protective of their dealer network. Dealers are strictly prohibited from selling new Paradigm product on-line or shipping out of their franchise region. Paradigm can and does refuse to sell to dealers who violate these rules. So unless you are willing to drive to Texas to pick-up your speakers, don't even bother calling.

Also, most Paradigm dealers will only quote MSRP or a small discount over the phone. To get the best deal you usually have to go into the store and talk directly to the saleman or manager. The fact is that Paradigm products are in high enough demand that dealers don't have to offer much of a discount (if any) to move inventory. Generally, people who have an already established relationship with a dealer will get a better price than someone walking in off the street, even if the walk-in is buying an entire Studio 7.1 system.

Nat Ward

Agent
I'm not sure of the price increase from the V2 to the V3, but I paid $1100 for my V2 Studio 60s. I love them, I'm sure you won't be disapointed. Good luck.
Nat Ward

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
the 60's are going for $1500 and the cc470 is going for $600 up by me. with pretty much no discount

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Would this be A&B? They cut me a deal on a single pair of speakers the last time I was in town and a friend wanted to buy speakers. Go in and talk to them, they may work with you.

v3 studio pricing went up for all models vs v2s. I was looking at 40s, and they are MSRP $1100, and 60s were $1500 I believe, so your prices are actually not too bad.

For that kind of cash for the 2100, I'd get an HSU or SVS sub....

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
Most dealers don't want you shopping their prices. In other words, they don't want to give you a low price, then have you go to another store and ask them to beat it. That's the reason they want you ready to buy if they give you a good price.

cabreau

Second Unit
I listened to some Studio 20's, 60's, and 100's tonight, along with the cc-470. All I can say is holy CRAP!!! Accurate, clean, crystal clear sound...and did I say accurate? Pushing them was an HK 7200, which I think I'll be buying along with the Studio 20's for L/R (movies/TV only and on somewhat of a budget), and a CC-470 or 570 for the center. (I'm just going to keep my Atoms for sides and surrounds). Anyone out there who has heard the cc-570 compared to the 470? Is it worth the price for that one 4" midrange driver that's added?

ArnaudP

Stunt Coordinator
Just placed my order for 20v3 cc470v3 and J29 stands for the 20s. I can't wait. I paid $1400 for everything.
I will be using aDenon 3803 for now but will probably buy NAD 763 in the next few months.
Anyone listened to Paradigm ref inWalls?

cabreau

Second Unit
Did you happen to listen to the CC-570 and the CC-470? I wanted to hear some opinions on the differences, since they didn't have one in the store.

Ryan Muessig

Auditioning
cabreau: I compared the CC470 with the 570, and thought the 570 was much better, however the room that I sampled the 570 in was much better acoustically than the 470's room, so its hard to compare them apples-to-apples. For the delta in price, I would find somewhere that has both and compare them in the same setup with the same equipment if I were considering the 570.

-Ryan

Ryan Muessig

Auditioning
John G: Yes, this was A&B TV. I have a decent competitive price from a Houston dealer (which I would be willing to drive to get), but I want to make sure that I get a better deal from A&B. I guess I'll just tell them I'm ready to buy today, and if their prices aren't good enough, then I will just walk away.

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks