What's new

Paradigm Studio CC / Energy C5 combo? (1 Viewer)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I have the C5s as my mains, with the Paradigm CC-170 right now. I am waiting (impatiently) for the matching Energy center channel C-C3. But I have seen so many good things about the Paradigm CC, and since both the CC and C5s have 6.5 inch woofers and aluminum tweeters, do you all think they would sound okay together?

I realize the timbre matching won't be perfect, but I can handle that. It isn't perfect right now either, but I manage to enjoy my HT anyway.

I just think I will enjoy it alot more with a Studio CC rather than CC-170. Also, since the jury is still out on the C5s, I may decide to sell them and go with some Studio 40s or something. Thanks.

Robert

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
The jury is out on the C5's? Do you mean the jury in your own mind, or what others think? Do you know anybody who has the Pardigms you like or a store that would let you audition them alongside your C5's? I think you should be patient and go with one company for your fronts and center.

Is Oat Willies still open in Austin?

"Onward through the fog..."

John Dunlap

Stunt Coordinator
Robert,

I've been wrestling with the same issue. I recently traded in my C-9's for Monitor 11's and a CC-370 center. I love the Monitor 11's but the CC-370 sounded very boxy. In fact I would almost say it was a downgrade from the Energy AC-300 Center I bought 4 years ago.

I considered replacing it with a Studio CC to match w/ the Monitor 11's but instead I upsold myself to Studio 60's. Unfortunately all this trading in and changing my mind has cost me some $$ but in the end I want something that I will be happy with for a while.

If you really like the C-5's my advice would be to hang in there and wait for the C-C3 (due out at the end of the year). If you're on the fence about the C-5's you may want to see if you can sell them on Audiogon along with the CC-170. Then you can carefully shop and choose the best possible front speakers you can afford.

Just my $.02. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
The jury is out on the C5's? Do you mean the jury in your own mind, or what others think?
I mean in my own mind. I have been experimenting with room placement and toe-in trying to maximize bass response. I am in no way looking for subwoofer-type bass, only for the bass one would expect from dual 6.5 inch woofers in a front ported speaker.

You are right that I should be patient. I am especially driven to wait because the Austin Paradigm dealer has always been extremely rude to me, so I do not want to give them any more business than I already have. However, the Paradigm 5.1 system that I bought from them has given me 2+ years of real HT fun.

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
I know what you mean about snooty dealers. It sounds like you like the Paradigm company in spite of the local dealer. Who sells the Paradigms in Austin, and who sells the Energy? I use to live there, I am curious. I would wait for the Energy center channel and see how you like it, and if you decide to stick with Paradigm I would just take a drive to San Antonio and see how the Paradigm dealer there treats you. You should feel good about the whole experience.

Users who are viewing this thread