Paradigm Studio and Monitor speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Custodio, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

Recently I bought a pair of Paradigm Studio 100's and a Studio CC center speaker to replace my Paradigm Monitor series speakers. I have Paradigm Monitor ADP370 surrounds and MiniMonitors for my surround back speakers. Would it be worth it to upgrade to having Studio ADP's as surrounds and Studio 20's as surround center back speakers? Or save up my money up for a nice 200+w/channel power amp.

My local Audio/Video store has a good speaker upgrade policy, I can buy speakers and within one year of purchase I can upgrade to some new speakers (50% more in cost) and use the full price of the original speakers purchased towards the cost of the new speakers. My speakers upgrade policy will end on March 2.

I currently only have a Parasound 5x85wpc, which sounds fine, but I am think I will need a more powerfull amp to make full use of the new Studio 100's.

2. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Supporting Actor

New amp period. said and done now go get it!

3. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Ken,

Considering your speaker deadline of March 2, to receive full value and recoup your investment on the original purchase, I'd do the speakers. Then I'd buy the amp later.

The Parasound does not not do a bad job on the Studio's, but as you know, it does not give you the full impact of their abilites. Currently, I have the same amp in my system as my mainstay amp is in for service. If you don't need to crank it up, its ok.

Be cautious if you try refernce level with the 100's using that amp. You might create some serious clipping and damage the speakers. My .02....... I'd go speakers first.

Charles..

4. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

New Amp!!

I have the same setup, but with the adp's as the surround, and I feel my Anthem MCA5 struggles a bit at high volume. I heard my 100's with a Bryston amp and couldn't get over the sound. Out of my range for now. Good Luck

Brandon

5. MikeMcGrew

MikeMcGrew Stunt Coordinator

All I have to say here is that I certainly wish I had this dilemmna.[​IMG]

6. Dave Ma

Dave Ma Stunt Coordinator

Studio ADP's are like $900 pair. I would pass keep your ADP 370's and just get Studio 20's for CB. Use the rest of the money towards the AMP you want.[​IMG]

7. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

Thanks guys for all your advice.

I think I am going to keep the speakers and just get a really nice power amp. Now the problem is 2,3,5,7 channel amp? By who? And how many watts. Guess I got a lot more lurking....I mean research to do on the message boards here.