What's new

Paradigm studio ADP ? (1 Viewer)

michael_mo

Stunt Coordinator
anyone own these with their studio fronts and center?
If so, Yea or Nay?
and are they worth the high price?

I've had a pair of studio 100 v.2's and a studio cc v.2 up front running for about 3 years now. My surrounds used to consist of a pair of psb 300's mounted on the side walls. Six months ago I replaced the psb's with the studio adp v.2 and I could not be happier. At first it took a little getting used to though. I was too accustomed to listening to a direct-firing psb shooting directly at me. When the adp's went up I really couldn't "hear" them....but then that is the whole idea with these speakers. Take for instance when it rains in a movie, with the psb's I could hear rain to the left and to the right of me, but with the adp's I could hear the rain EVERYWHERE. It's quite amazing. I definitely recommend these speakers and they are a must if you ever want to go to 7.1.
Buy the speakers and put in Star Wars - Attack of the Clones. In the THX trailer before the movie you will hear a little rain to begin the trailer .... you will not be able to tell where the rain is coming from - it will totally surround you. This is what these speakers were meant for!

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
Darren,

Just recently picked up a Studio v2 ensemble which included the ADP's. Haven't had a chance to hook the ADP's up yet. Do you have yours mounted directly to the side of the listening position? How high up are they?

Thanks.

-Dave

Dave,

I have mine mounted on the side walls. I position myself directly in between them. The top of the speaker is about 12 inches from the ceiling.

What electronics are you running with your newly aquired v.2's?
Did you also opt for the reference servo-15 sub?

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
Darren,

I am powering the 100's & CC with an Acurus A200x3. Very nice neutral, open sounding combo. I love it! The ADP's will be powered by a Parasound 1000A. I'm currently using a Marantz AV560 for the pre/pro.

I bought the speakers used and a sub was not part of the deal. Currently using a Definitve PF1500 which has served me well for several years. Once I sell off all the extra equipment I have lying around from my upgrade bonanza, I think I'm going to go with an SVS PB2+.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks