What's new

Paradigm Studio 60v2 - Magnetic Field an Issue? (1 Viewer)

Doug_B

Screenwriter
I'm curious as to how close one can have these speakers to a direct view TV. Thinking of buying these for my family room and would like them fairly close to the TV due to space considerations (this is not my critical listening room). I can bring them back to the dealer if they're not satisfactory (although it's a bit of a trip); just looking for some advance feedback.

Thanks.

Doug

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Studio 100s and one was placed less than 2 feet from my CRT television. There was some magnetic interference on the lower left corner of the tv.

By placing the speakers greater than 3 feet, I was able to not affect my television.

Jason Brent

Second Unit
I have a Sony Wega, and have them about 24" away from the edge of the TV cabinet. But that is the very closest I can get them.

They do have a magneshield version of the 60's if you can still get them. They are only available in black though.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
At this point, I cannot get a shielded version of the 60v2's, at least not from my dealer of choice. I could get the v3's shielded, but the extra $ just for the v3 and then some more for shielding (I suspect) would not make a lot of sense for me for a secondary speaker set, even though my dealer quoted me a heck of a price for the unshielded 60v3's. Of course, I haven't heard them yet, either.

Doug

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
A good way to find out if/or how much affect there is of the magnetic field from the speaker is to switch to one of the video inputs on your tv (make sure there is no source signal being fed to it) to get a blue screen. Some televisions keep the screen black until it detects a signal. Simply turn on the source device then turn it off.

If you have a DVD with a white background or something of a plain colour that is light without patterns...then that would also suffice.

Then, move around your speakers until you are satisfied that there is minimal or no red tinge around the screen where the speakers are place.

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
My T.V. and speakers fit into a alcove in my family room, which puts them only 14" apart. I chose the 60 V2's with the sheilding. The speakers sound great and it was only $60 more for the pair. I wanted the veneer, but they are N/A with the sheilding.

Levesque

Supporting Actor
At 2 feets my Studio-100 were disturbing my Sony 40XBR800 alot. Had to push them at 3 feet to be back in control.

At 2 feet, there was a 2-3 inches wide green-bluish band on each side of the set.

3 feet, everything is ok.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Doug,

I too had a similar experience with the 100's as Lévesque. However I was able to place them within a 24 inch distance on a Sony 36XBR400 without any distortion on the screen.

Chris also gives some great advise in his post. I've done this before and its a great indicator of "The Blur."

Bob Cal

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Studio 60 and one speaker is approx 14 " from my television. No distortion. They are not shielded. My TV is also 10 years old...not sure if that makes a difference.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks