What's new

Paradigm. studio 60'sv2 with ATI... too bright? (1 Viewer)

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I am wondering if others have this combo (ATI 1505) and if they think it's bright?
I have the older 7semk3's with the softdome tweet.
With the titanium in the Studios does it add a level of brightness?
Yaketty Yak about the room and all. I just wanna know if the titanium is brighter.

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
My paradigm monitor 3's (titanium) sounded bright with a sony amp but very smooth with a Harman. Dont know if this helps.

Jeff Kleinberg

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I have the 100v2 and had the 60's v1. I never found either to be bright. I think you'll be very happy with the combo.

Jeff

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Well, I've listened to Studio 60's a number of times and agree with most that they are on the bright side of neutral. I do like their sound. I have never listened to the ATI 1505, but I did once listen to the 2505 with a pair of Stratus Gold i's. On absolute terms, I could not tell if this combo was too bright, but it was noticeably brighter than the same speakers paired with both a Parasound 200W/ch amp (forget the model #) and a Sunfire ~ 200W/ch amp. These amps had the reputation of being warm (and I called the Sunfire dark after my listening), so I can't say whether or not the ATI was too bright, but I would expect a brighter sound when paired with the Studio 60's.

If I had to make a purchase decision without listening to the combo in the comfort of my own home, and I did not have any experience with the 1505, then I'd be hesitant to purchase such a combo. OTOH, if I had a positive experience with the 1505 and a Monitor series speaker (I have heard various versions of the Monitor 7's), I'd feel more comfortable about upgrading the speakers to the Studio 60's, as I don't think there would be large change in brightness for the worse.

One person's guesswork...

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks