Paradigm. studio 60'sv2 with ATI... too bright?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by ChrisHeflen, Sep 16, 2003.

1. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

I am wondering if others have this combo (ATI 1505) and if they think it's bright?
    I have the older 7semk3's with the softdome tweet.
    With the titanium in the Studios does it add a level of brightness?
    Yaketty Yak about the room and all. I just wanna know if the titanium is brighter.

2. GrahamT

GrahamT Supporting Actor

My paradigm monitor 3's (titanium) sounded bright with a sony amp but very smooth with a Harman. Dont know if this helps.

3. Jeff Kleinberg

Jeff Kleinberg Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    I have the 100v2 and had the 60's v1. I never found either to be bright. I think you'll be very happy with the combo.

Jeff

4. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Well, I've listened to Studio 60's a number of times and agree with most that they are on the bright side of neutral. I do like their sound. I have never listened to the ATI 1505, but I did once listen to the 2505 with a pair of Stratus Gold i's. On absolute terms, I could not tell if this combo was too bright, but it was noticeably brighter than the same speakers paired with both a Parasound 200W/ch amp (forget the model #) and a Sunfire ~ 200W/ch amp. These amps had the reputation of being warm (and I called the Sunfire dark after my listening), so I can't say whether or not the ATI was too bright, but I would expect a brighter sound when paired with the Studio 60's.

If I had to make a purchase decision without listening to the combo in the comfort of my own home, and I did not have any experience with the 1505, then I'd be hesitant to purchase such a combo. OTOH, if I had a positive experience with the 1505 and a Monitor series speaker (I have heard various versions of the Monitor 7's), I'd feel more comfortable about upgrading the speakers to the Studio 60's, as I don't think there would be large change in brightness for the worse.

One person's guesswork...

Doug