Paradigm Studio 60's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChrisB, Mar 13, 2002.

1. ChrisB

ChrisB Stunt Coordinator

I was just looking at the Paradigm web site, and it shows the studio 60's with spiked feet, I got the studio 60's(black) and they didnt come with any spiked feet. Is this a add on, or should I call up the place I bought them from and ask where they are at?

2. Allan

Allan Stunt Coordinator

ChrisB, the Studio 60s should have come with gold feet and spikes. If you pair is missing them, go talk to your dealer.

Allan

3. ChrisB

ChrisB Stunt Coordinator

Thanks, I just called them up and they said no problem, just come in and pick them up. I have been reading post on another forum on "tuning" and spiked feet are suposed to help.

4. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

I spiked my 100's when I got them. I then bought a level measure so that they would stop sitting lopsided. I found I just couldn't eyeball it successfully. Good luck!

Martin.

5. itai

itai Stunt Coordinator

i tried to level my 60's with those golden spikes, but got so frustrated i almost threw them away!!!! jeez!

anyway, what you do when yoou have a wooden floors?

6. ChrisB

ChrisB Stunt Coordinator

itai-
    You can buy these-supporting disk and the spikes sit on top of these so you dont dent your floor. I have been resurching tweeks and from what I have read isolation components are a cheap way to get more out of your music. We will see when I pick up my spikes tommorow

7. Dave Schofield

Dave Schofield Second Unit

Any idea why those disks are sold in packs for 6? [​IMG]

8. itai

itai Stunt Coordinator

isnt supporting disks negate the spike's separation from floor purpose?

thanks

9. Dave Schofield

Dave Schofield Second Unit

You've still got the same tiny contact area (the tips of the spikes) but the floor has been "altered" so that you aren't scratching it. Think of the disks as part of the floor instead of part of the speaker, since they aren't attached to the speaker at all, the spike only rests in the groove on top.

10. Sanjay Gupta

Sanjay Gupta Supporting Actor

Sanjay Gupta

11. ChrisB

ChrisB Stunt Coordinator

Thanks, I just got back fomr picking up the spikes, they probally were baried in the packing, but that was 3 months ago and are probally long gone. Now it is time for some tweaking, I am going to bi-wire them and put the spikes on them today, along with re-organising my wires. I got some split loom tubing from work, and nice crimper to crimp the spades on for the reciever end since I cant use 2 bannanas. I also got my stuff to build my own Canare interconects so it will be a busy few days!!![​IMG]