Paradigm Studio 40's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony Moore, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

I heard them at my local shop and they are just amazing. But the room i heard them in was a little smaller than mine. Im kinda scared they wont fill the room. My room is about 17 x 12 feet.

Anyone else have these with any problems filling space, or not?

2. ChristopherS

ChristopherS Second Unit

I have five Studio 40's in a room that is 24'x 22' with a sloping ceiling going from 8 1/2' to 22'. These speakers sound great and are powered by a Sony STR DA777ES. The low end is supplied with two Servo 15's. You certainly will not have any problems "filling space".

Chris

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    As long as you have plenty of power for them, it should not be a problem. My friend has two 40s and a Studio CC in a long, roughly 15' x 30' room (open to kitchen), with high ceilings powered by a Marantz SR-19EX and they sound great even at the other end of the room.

4. Phil M

Phil M Stunt Coordinator

I'm using them in a 13' X 21' room and have them placed out from a couch high wall that opens into an even larger area with vaulted ceilings. I have powered them with a Denon 3300, Marantz 8200, Denon 2802, HK 320,Rotel 1075, and all had the ability to adequately power them.

Get some good solid stands.

Phil

5. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    I have a ~18x12x9ft room and the 40s have no trouble filling the room with sound. I'm using the Paradigm stands (filled with sand) and use Bluetack to fasten the speaker onto the stand...

6. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

I have Studio 40s, powered by an Onkyo 898, in a room about the size of yours and they have no problems filling the room with sound.