Paradigm Studio 40's

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Robert BG, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Robert BG

Robert BG Auditioning

I just auditioned some Paradigm 40's today. Was impressed with the overall sound and quality.
    My question is what should I expect to pay for this pair of speakers. I have only one local dealer that I have found and I don't want to spend more than I have to.

2. PaulWY

PaulWY Extra

In general, you'll be paying 10% off list if your dealer is fair, 15%-20% off list if your dealer is really generous, or full list if your dealer is not looking for repeat business. Canadian list is $1400, not sure about american.

3. WayneO

WayneO Supporting Actor

$1200 USD and then finagle at least 10% off. A newer dealer near me gives 10% off without even asking. The further dealer I originally bought from I had to work a little to get about 7%. Guess where I'm buying my next ones...........

4. Neil Regitz

Neil Regitz Auditioning

I recently saw these speakers at a local store and they were listed at $1100.00 USD. The dealer will give me 10% off that price.

5. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

I was able to get 15% off CDN list prices for my 40/20/470 combo. Dealer also throw in some Premier S-series stands for FREE($240 value).

Kevin

6. Jason Brent

Jason Brent Second Unit

$1100, wow!

I didn't know they raised the price that much for the v3's over the v2's. The v2's retailed for $900 in laminate.

I guess my dealer must really like me to give me 35% off[​IMG]

7. Nick Breckon

Nick Breckon Stunt Coordinator

I called around to a few places in my area. Best price (over the phone) was $1400. Yikes. Luckily Tom L here on the forum sold me his 1-year-old 40's for $625. Needless to say, I love this place.