Paradigm Studio 40s in an Entertainment Center?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Bob Friend, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Bob Friend

Bob Friend Stunt Coordinator

Paradigm Studio 40s in an Entertainment Center?
    My wife and I are looking into having an entertainment center built. Do you folks think I'll notice a signifigant decrease in quality if I place these speakers in the cabinet behind fabric? The speakers are v3 so they are front ported.

Thanks!

2. wes18

wes18 Agent

I am using the Studio 20's in the manner you describe. I wanted to go with the 40's but did not have enough space. I am happy with the sound. I used to have Monitor 7's prior (and not enclosed) and believe the sound to be noticeably better with the 20's. Oh yeah, I wanted to go with the 60's or 100's by the wife factor vetoed that !! Speakes had to be enclosed. Don't forget to account for center speaker. We have a wide screen tv and bought an entertainment center with pocket doors so that we can hide the TV when company comes by. I was barely able to put the CC470 on top of the TV because of headroom. Again, had to be "hidden" if the TV was not visible.

Again, I am not an expert in this area but I like the sound and have only read favorable reviews regaring Paradigm and quality.

3. Bob Friend

Bob Friend Stunt Coordinator

Mark,

Thanks for the feeback. It is appreciated.

I've already got the speakers and love them. Did you notice any loss in sound quality after placing them in the cabinet? As far as the center, the cabinet will be built to accomidate the size of the studio center.

Bob

4. james_pierce

james_pierce Extra

Too bad you can't get the entertainmment center built with bookshelves on both sides. I just bought an entertainment center that has the armoire with the fold in doors and a bookshelf on each side. I have Dynaudio 42's inside the bookshelve's just below ear level and they still sound great. Imaging and soundstage are still very good.