1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Paradigm, Studio 20 system

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John S Smith, Dec 26, 2001.

1. John S Smith

John S Smith Agent

Hi guys

I love these speakers! I tried out the 40's too but I liked the brightness of 20's better. However the accustics in my room might change this opinion.

I can get Studio 20s (laminate), Studio CC and Studio ADP for a combined price of $1,650.00 US + tax. Does this look reasonable to you guys?

Any thoughts on a DIY Sub to match this system for a 60/40 in favour of music ratio. Non ported only, will be built in to equipment rack/cabinet.

The room is 18' x 23' but has three walls partially open to other rooms and where it's not open it is all glass doors, great house for parties!

Anyway it is what it is and I don't expect miracles, any input appreciated.

Happy New Year

..john

2. Howard_S

Howard_S Supporting Actor

I think that's a very reasonable price. Correct me if I'm wrong but there aren't that many Paradigm dealers around so they could really rip you off if they want to. I love Paradigm Reference Speakers I think they're a great value in the first place.

3. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

No, but I'm cheap even if I have the money. Take a trip up North. It will be around 1150.

4. John S Smith

John S Smith Agent

Howard/Adil thanks for the input
    I was offered 20% off retail (after some haggling)I would consider a weekend trip to BC if they were availlable for $1150. US. I saw it posted that the Canadian tax is refundable and there would be no US import tax, which makes it even sweeter, (sales tax in LA area is 8%).
    Does anybody know how they are distributed in Canada, Iwould like to set up the deal over the phone, (more time drinking some of those fine adult beverages my Canadian cousins are known for).[​IMG]
    Howard/Adil thanks for the input