What's new

Paradigm Studio 20 owners: what speaker wire do you use??? (1 Viewer)

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Hey, that'd be just swell, Salvador! As I work shifts, my schedule is likely more flexible than your own; at your convinience, then sir. And hey, while you're over, I'll also proudly show you a sweet piece of vintage gear I picked up at the Pickering Flea last week: a 25 year-old Pioneer receiver that has actually made my Monitor Audio Bronze 2s sound just fine, if you can beleive that! Here's a link to an auction-in-progress on Ebay for the same receiver. Thanks again, Salvador; I'll contact you either here or over e-mail in February. Cheers!
DS.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Salvador,

You really should have tested out the Homedepot 12G wire before you paid what you did. You could have saved atleat $130 to spend on somethng else.

Kevin

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
Damn, I have a reciever almost identical to that one, except the radio tuned is in the old fashioned "digital"?? style :) It's just collecting dust in my closet, but works perfect.

RicP

Screenwriter
You really should have tested out the Homedepot 12G wire before you paid what you did. You could have saved atleat $130 to spend on somethng else.
And how is it any business of yours how he spent his money?

He already stated that the wire made a significant difference to him and he is very happy, why should anything else matter?

If you have nothing constructive to add, then kindly go elsewhere.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
If you have nothing constructive to add, then kindly go elsewhere.
RicP,

Once Salvador posted the question it became my business as this is an open forum and I offered my opinion. I think if it offended Salvador in anyway its HIS business to respond. Not yours!!. As it stands I felt that he could have saved his money by going with the 12G Home Depot wire and using the money saved to purchase something else(eg New remote, more DVD's, etc). More goodies more fun. I've tried the expensive cables as well as the Home Depot wire and there is no difference. If I offended Salvador in any way I apologize, but RicP practise what you preach.

Kevin

RicP

Screenwriter
IS said:
:confused: I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I do that just fine. Perhaps you missed the warning at the top of the "Interconnects & Wires" sub forum? Maybe you should look at it again, or perhaps you'd like to ask Parker his opinion on "thread crapping" with regards to wires?

Salvador

Second Unit
Kevin, choosing wires and listening for sonic improvement as i have learned in this forum and from my personal experience is very subjective. Your suggestion of trying out other, more economical speaker wire is much appreciated but you have to understand the reasons why i took the "no hassle" approach. First of all, i don't have a car. Hopping around canvassing for speaker wire definately does not appeal to me. Secondly, i don't have all the time in the world to do the same auditioning that i did for my speakers for speaker wire. That's why i went to this forum and asked for YOUR opinion on what speaker wire you guys use for Studio 20's to help me decide which one to use.

As i already stated before, i am quite happy with the change. Let me add to that that the hissss from my speakers when i turn up the volume went away.

Mike H

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone tried the Cat 5 DIY cables that TNT audio and a few other places show how to build? I was thinking of building something similar to those when I make my upgrade to Paradigm Studio 40s.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks