Paradigm Studio 100s

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Wes Warren, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Wes Warren

Wes Warren Extra

Hi all,
    I have a question about Paradigm Studio 100s. I have found a pair for a what I thought was a good price, but after contacting the guy I learned that they were v1 not v2. Does anyone know the differences between these two speakers and what would be a good price on v1's?
    Thanks alot
    Wes

2. Brian Fitterman

Brian Fitterman Stunt Coordinator

A few things were changed:

1) New Drivers
    2) New X-overs
    3) Better cabinet bracing
    4) Different look. The v1 is really a rectange, where the v2 has rounded edges and with black trim and top. v1 is wood veneer all around.

First off, for price is it wood or laminate? That is about $300 difference in price. V1 vs V2 is about another $300 - $400 in price. A used V2 in wood would sell for $1400 - $1500 in excl. condition. A v1 in wood would be around $1100. These of course are just my opinion. But new v2 can be had for $1800 or so. With that info you can make your own call.

When the v2 came out, I had the v1 and compared the two. I sold my v1's back then with speaker cables for $1300 (rosewood veneer) and bought new V2's. I thougth the few hunderd to me was worth it.

3. Wes Warren

Wes Warren Extra

Thanks for the info brian, did you notice a difference in the sound when you upgraded? I am wondering if the changes were more than just cosmetic.