Paradigm Studio 100s: What's a good price?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christopher Lyn, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Christopher Lyn

Christopher Lyn Stunt Coordinator

Once again, I am considering upgrading my speakers. I currently have Studio 80s for the fronts. I want to use those for my rears and get some Studio 100s for the fronts.

What price range should I be able to "haggle" out of my dealer for the Studio 100s? I just want to know what a reasonable price I should expect to get.

Thanks a lot.

2. Mike Veroukis

Mike Veroukis Second Unit

Michael
    Hey,

Don't tell my dealer I told you, but I can get them for CDN$2100, and that's with the rosenut veneer. My cousin bought them for that much, that's how I know for sure. If anyone has bought them for less let me know, as I might consider getting a pair before the v3 come out. I believe without the veneer it's around $1700. My advice: get the veneer!

Also, I talked to my Paradigm dealer today and he tells me they expect Studio series v3 to be in sometime early next year. About 6 months ago I reported that the new v3 series would be out around this fall and that they would go up dramatically in price. It turns out both of these "facts" might be false.

Here's the scoup on the v3's as I understand it. There will be two Reference level series, the Studio and another series. The Studio v3 will be a refined v2 and the other as yet un-named series will be much higher end and very different from the current studio v2/v3. Now, I didn't get too many details, but my delear claims to have seen them with his own eyes, so there must be some truth to it. Of course he could have just seen prototypes of something that might never see the light of day, but I just thought I'd pass this along. Take care.

- Mike

3. Bob Cal

Bob Cal Stunt Coordinator

The CEDIA Expo 2002 had a showing of the new Paradigm speakers.
    Paradigm's Signature 200 (approximately $7500 per pair)
    Here is a link ... not sure if it will work or not as I have not tried posting a link on the forum before.
    http://shows.soundstagelive.com/show...howstop2.shtml

4. Mike Veroukis

Michael
    Bob,

Thanks for the link (which worked btw). So it's called the Signature series then. I take it the 200 is just a model no. Interesting. Any idea what size those drivers are? They look like maybe 5.25's or 6.5's as the speaker seems offly narrow compared to a Studio100. Btw, have any info on Studio v3??? I'm dieing to get some more info on the next revision. Thanks!

btw, is $7500 in USD or CND???

- Mike

5. Bob Cal

I was talking to a Pardigm Rep in St. John's a couple of weeks ago. He mentioned the Ver. 3 coming out this spring , so your time frame from the dealer looks correct.

He never got into too much detail about the Ver 3.

The price for the Studio 100's you quoted are excellent. They were selling for $2,000 (laminate) here. But then again they are the only dealer in St. John's for Paradigm.
    So what can you expect

6. Mike Veroukis

Michael

7. James Hibbert

I would talk to Mike, at $2100 a pair for veneer...what a bargain.I paid $2300 plus tax for mine in rosenut.Any prices on the studio 20's in rosenut veneer, Mike?

8. Mike Veroukis

Michael

9. Christopher Lyn

Wow..thanks for the price quote Mike. I am going to my dealer here in Toronto to see what I can get...at least I have a target range to bargain with now.

10. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

11. Duke

Duke Stunt Coordinator

If you are buying from the same dealer you bought the 80's from, then they should make a good deal, I picked up mine for 1900.00 from my dealer after buying others.

12. Mike Veroukis

Michael

13. Bob Cal

Scott
    The price was the sale price. They had on the sale at Holiday Inn a couple of weeks ago. "Ball Room Blitz's Sale" or something like that. I am sure they would have dropped another little bit, not sure how much though.

I found David to be good as well. He seems honest enough. Bob

14. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Second Unit

Hey fellow newfies! sup? have you tried west end? have a look at the psb equivalent. just a thought. if your set on para's go for it!

15. Bob Cal

Hi Steve
    I remember listening to a few brands at West End, (B&W, and I think PSB and Boston). I liked most of them , but I ended up getting Studio 60's from Kelly's. I am sure I would have been happy with any of them.

Bob

16. Michael_Hml

Michael_Hml Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know of a dealer in the Montreal area that might be able to do the same $2,100CAD price for the Rosenut veneer Studio 100 v2?

I'm in Rhode Island and it just isn't practical to drive up to Winnipeg from here, but I would really like to get my hands on a pair of these at that price.

-Mike

17. Christopher Lyn

Hi guys..I finally got to my dealer and he quoted me $1950.00 (CDN) before taxes for the Studio 100s (laminate)...I cannot believe the great deal Mike Veroukis gets in Manitoba, $2100.00 for veneer is awesome.

The veneer at Audio One is around $3000.00 before haggling.

I will go back next week to see if I can lower the price...if not I may give in and buy them for $1950.00.

Anyone from Toronto know any other dealer with which I may go and see if I can get a lower price?

Thanks for all your help.

18. DougN

DougN Auditioning

Did you ever get your Studio 100's ? I got a quote from Kromer Radio in Toronto, they want $2200 CDN for the cherry veneer. You may want to give it a try if you have not gotten yours yet. Please let us know about your deal because I'm interest in getting the 100's too. Thanks.

19. Christopher Lyn

Ooops! Sorry guys. Yeah, I got the Studio 100s in rosenut at Audio One for $1950.00 (before taxes)...I did not want to spend over $2300.00 total..thus, had to get the laminates, could not get much lower with the veneer.
    C'est la vie. I'll use the extra money and save up for a Lexicon MC-12 [​IMG].
    I just love the Studio 100s...they are way better than my Studio 80s (which I now use as my rears)... I loved the sound and imaging of the 100s right out of the box...no need to "burn in" here.