What's new

Paradigm Studio 100 - Wood or Laminate (1 Viewer)

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
Hi, this isn't really a technical question but more cosmetic.

Just wanted to know how many Studio 100 owners have the Laminate version or the wood version. The wood version looks a lot nicer, but I don't know if it looks $500 nicer. And the wood doesn't completly encase the speaker, which would have been better if they did especially for the extra money.

BobRoulier

Second Unit
Ken, I bought the black laminate mainly because it matches my mits hdtv and a/v rack. The real wood is attractive I suppose if my room and other stuff was real wood I might have gotten the wood, they are pricey but nice. If they look good in your room and you like them then go for it!

Bob

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Ken,

I own the 100's and have it in the laminate version. Cost was the factor in my situation and as you describe, increases end cost by $4-500. That money is being allocated to a new sub and an amp.

There are a couple points of view on this subject. Some think that speakers should be treated as furniture pieces and I agree with that idea.

Also, some think that the this finish adds more strength and support to the speaker. If I recall, adding the wood veneer increases the width of the speaker by 1"-1 1/2."

I also took into consideration that I see myself upgrading in the next few years, so these are not going to be with me forever.

The wood looks great.

My .02 ....

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.