Paradigm speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Travis_R, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Travis_R

Travis_R Stunt Coordinator

ok....im new here and Like i said in a previous post I have a set of Polk Audios....but I keep hearing about Paradigm's on this forum....basically whats the story on this brand and of course whats the average cost for a set of speakers

2. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Supporting Actor

Travis;
    Paradigm is a well-respected brand that is made in Canada. They offer a large range of speakers, from the inexpensive and small (Atom) to the more expensive and large (Studio 100).
    They offer three primary lines - Performance, Monitor and Reference. Each line offers more in terms of build and sonic quality than the previous. The Reference is their top line. Each line features bookshelf models right on up to floorstanders. They also offer a large selection of subwoofers.
    Paradigm also manufactures electronics, under the Anthem brand, including the excellent AVM-20 Pre/Pro.
    You can find out more about them at their website:
    Paradigm
    /Jeff

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    See for yourself:
    www.paradigm.ca
    You will hear about Paradigm a lot, because they are good speakers. That does not mean they are the best out there, but bang for the buck, they are very competetive and worth their price.
    There are 3 primary lines, lowest to highest - Performance, Monitor and Studio, and an upcomping high dollar line dubbed Signature. There is a less discussed line called Cinema also, which are more like what you might find in an HTiB, which are not often discussed.

4. Sihan Goi

Sihan Goi Second Unit

As the previous 2 posters have mentioned. Paradigm delivers greate speakers for their price, and their Reference line of speakers have always been favorable reviewed, especially their flagship Reference Studio/100. PSB is another Canadian speaker manufacturer that's comprable to Paradigm, and personally I tend to prefer the sound of PSB.

5. Sihan Goi

Sihan Goi Second Unit

double post...server's getting flaky man...

6. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Paradigm has a speaker for almost every budget. It is hard to give an average cost. I suggest you start by looking at the Monitor line. I have the Monitor 7s, a floorstanding speaker that runs about $600 per pair. There is also the Mini-Monitor bookshelf speaker for about $350 per pair. These two seem to be the most popular in the Monitor line. I happen to have both for my HT system and really like the sound.