Paradigm speakers and receiver suggestions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kathy C., Aug 7, 2002.

1. Kathy C.

Kathy C. Agent

I'm new, and setting up a HT to lure my son's friends to my house. I'm buying used so I can get some better gear within my tight budget. Will use it 50/50 for music/video.
    Small room, x 15x17.

We like paradigm after listening to others. So far I've picked up pair of minimonitors.
    I have opportunity to pick up a pair of Monitor 3's and cc350 for 335. total. It sounds good to me--any comments?
    Found PDR 10 sub for 150.

A little confused on receiver choices. I've read on forums and reviews about Onkyo(some trouble with Juracic Park, etc.), Marantz (fan noise), Denon 1802/2802,HK 520/320 Kenwood 6060, Pioneer 811.

With exception of Pioneer, I'd have to pick these up used as well, or find a great deal. Since we really aren't audiophiles, would Pioneer be ok with these speakers, or any other suggestions? Please help!!

thanks alot.

2. Todd Bohlke

Todd Bohlke Agent

I would jump on that paradigm deal--that's roughly 50% off and will give a really nice setup. As for a receiver, I would wait a month until the Denon 1803 comes out and get that (for $499)

3. Kathy C.

Kathy C. Agent

Wow-the paradigm deal just flew away. Now, I'll probably try 4 minis all around.