Paradigm Speaker Problem

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Michael_V, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Michael_V

Michael_V Second Unit

Well, the midrange in one of my studio 40s just stopped working recently. I switched the woofer and midrange to see if it was the driver, and it wasn't: the midrange fired just fine when attached to the woofer wires, while the woofer sat dead silent when attached to the midrange wires. So something is wrong with the speaker's internal electronics and I live a thousand miles from the nearest authorized repair facility. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong in there and what I should do about it?

As an aside, as the second set of Paradigms to go bad on me, this is not a brand I will be buying in the future. . . .

2. MichaelDDD

MichaelDDD Supporting Actor

Mike
    It sounds like the crossover died. Call them and see if they will cross-ship one...you could probably swap it out yourself.

3. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

No harm in calling them to see if they will cover shipping. Is your dealer in town? Have him ship it out if its warranty work. Thats what he's there for. Paradigm are amazing speakers.

Kevin

4. Rick Lyon

Rick Lyon Stunt Coordinator

Yea, 5 year warranty I an very glad I got Paradigms, oh yea, and they sound pretty good to boot.

5. Michael_V

Michael_V Second Unit

Thanks for all the responses, guys! I am going with the crossover idea and ordering a new one from Paradigm. Hope that does the trick!