Paradigm Signature site is up

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by John Garcia, Jan 27, 2004.

1. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
  2. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

Saw it the day it was posted. I am in awe, but word is it will be VERY VERY expensive (at least 2-3X more than the Studio Series [​IMG] )

3. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

The C5 center aparently goes down to 25hz at 3db down in a "typical listening room"!!!!!

4. Jason Brent

Jason Brent Second Unit

Awesome[​IMG]

I'm sure it's come up before, but does anyone have the complete MSRP list?

Gonna have to tell my dealer to get some in for his shop...

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    MSRP is just over 2x compared to the Studios. I auditioned the S2s - $1900/pr. The price is almost justified, as they perform very well.

[​IMG] It's also just over 3' wide. Basically the size of a small tower speaker on it's side...it's larger than the Studio 40/S4. It would take up most of the width of my TV [​IMG]

6. CalvinClem

CalvinClem Auditioning

[​IMG] I had a chance to demo the Signature S2 bookshelf and S4 and C3 (mains and centre) in a home theater config today. Exquisite finish and sound! The speakers were finished in Birds eye Maple and look fantastic. The signature line is a HUGE improvement over the reference line. Spent about 30 minutes listening to the S4 in 2 channel. Excellent soundstage and projection from this speaker. The clarity is very good, the tweeter has a much more refined sound compared to the harshness in the reference line (find they are bright). The speakers were being powered by a Anthem MCA 50 and Anthem AVM20 pre/pro. Proved an excellent combo with this good a speaker. I do not think you can get a better speaker in Canada at this price. In my opinion, the Signature's impressed me far more than the B&W nautilus. In case anybody is interested, the dealer said the list price is: S2: $2850/PAIR s4:$4000/PAIR C3: $2500 (CANADIAN $) and that he could definiteley beat that price.

7. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

So, will trading-up from four Atoms & a CC-170 to four S2's and a C3 be a good upgrade, or should I better spend my money on Monster Cable instead?[​IMG]

Seriously, I'd like to see a SVS PB2+ vs Servo15 showdown.

8. PrinceJuan

PrinceJuan Auditioning

Model Introduction Breakdown
    Signature S2 is a 2-driver, 2-way bookshelf/stand-mounted speaker with 1-inch G-PAL dome and 7-inch MLP mica-loaded-polymer bass/midrange cone. MagneShield included. 15" high x 8-1/4" wide x 14" deep. Match with PREMIER J-29 stand. $1,900-$2,200/pair, depending on finish.

Signature S4 is a 3-driver, 2-1/2-way bookshelf/stand-mounted speaker with 1-inch G-PAL dome, 7-inch MLP mica-loaded-polymer bass/midrange cone and 7" mineral-filled polypropylene bass cone. MagneShield included. 22" high x 8-1/4" wide x 14" deep. Match with PREMIER J-23 stand. $2,600-$3,000/pair, depending on finish.

Signature S8 is a 6-driver, 3-way floorstanding model with 1-inch G-PAL dome, 7-inch MLP mica-loaded-polymer midrange cone, and four 7" mineral-filled polypropylene bass cones. Outrigger feet, optional spikes, MagneShield included. 48-1/2" high x 8-1/2" wide x 20-1/2" deep. $5,400-$6,000/pair, depending on finish.

Signature C3 is a 4-driver, 3-way center channel with 1-inch G-PAL dome, 4-inch dedicated MLP mica-loaded-polymer midrange cone and two 7" mineral-filled polypropylene bass cones. Outrigger feet and MagneShield included. 9-1/2" high x 26-1/2" wide x 13" deep. Match with PREMIER J-18C stand. $1,500-$1,700/each depending on finish.

Signature C5 is a 6-driver, 3-1/2-way center channel with 1-inch G-PAL dome, 4-inch (102 mm) MLP mica-loaded-polymer midrange cone, two 7-inch MLP mica-loaded-polymer bass/midrange cones, and two 7" mineral-filled polypropylene bass cones. Outrigger feet and MagneShield included. 9-1/2" high x 37-1/2" wide x 17-1/2" deep. Match with PREMIER J-18C stand. $2,500-$2,800/each depending on finish.

Signature ADP is a 5-driver, 3-way surround/rear speaker with optimized reverberant soundfield. Two 1-inch G-PAL domes, two 4-inch MLP mica-loaded-polymer midrange cones and one 8" (210 mm) mineral-filled polypropylene bass cones. 13-1/4" high x 14-1/8" wide x 7-1/2" deep. $2,300 -$2,700/pair depending on finish.

Signature Servo. A single 15" driver, Closed-Loop Servo system in a sealed enclosure with built-in 1200-watt Ultra-Class-D high-current, hybrid output amplifier. 19.5" high x 18" wide x 21" deep. $3,200-$3,500/each depending on finish.

9. cabreau

cabreau Second Unit

Holy crap...that's expensive...but I still want to hear them. [​IMG]