Paradigm Signature line? Signature 200?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve*MH, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Steve*MH

Steve*MH Stunt Coordinator

Just wondering if anyone out there has gotten any preliminary info on this new line of speakers from Paradigm?
    I think people have been waiting for some time for Paradigm to step into the ultra high-end waters to show what they can do with fewer price restriction. I am interested to see how the Paradigm Signature 200 will compare with the 10,000-15,000+ speakers out there. I looks alot like the Snell XL reference--anyone know how tall the Signature 200 is or its weight? I also believe the line will include center and surround speakers--wonder what they will offer above the current line? Although pricey, very glad to see Paradigm take this step with this line of speakers.
    Any info would be nice.

2. Ken Makela

Ken Makela Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

The Paradigm (Ontario) Rep was in my neck of the woods last weekend. All he had were pictures from CEDIA, but he did have some verbal description. The cabinets are made in Taiwan (I think) by the same manufacturer that does Revel's cabinets. Improved drivers and crossover networks, of course. One thing that may interest the "Studio" series owners is that similar drivers and guts will be placed in the existing Reference cabinets.

Ken

3. Brian Fitterman

Brian Fitterman Stunt Coordinator

4. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

Ken,

5. Mike-grouse

Mike-grouse Stunt Coordinator

I heard the B&W Nuatilus line and compared it to their CDM line which incorporates the nuatilus technology and I have to be honest, I can't hear enough differenct to justify 10-20 thousand more for the speakers.

It just becomes evident that the more an HT product costs, the more extravagant the explanation of why you should pony up the dough.

It's like those stainless steel gas grills. They don't cook better than a $300-$400 grill but they sure look like they would.

The Paradigm Reference line and the B&W CDM series are my holy grails of HT speaker lines. Finding better than these is truly hard to do.

Good luck, and try not to let you brain be fooled into letting the money in your wallet pour out.

6. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Did the Paradigm rep have any news on when the Studio Series v3 would come out? I would appreciate any info because I want to trade in my Monitors for Studio v3's but I only have about a month and a half to do so. Thanks...
    James

7. Bob Cal

Bob Cal Stunt Coordinator

I was talking to a Paradigm Rep. on Friday Oct 11 who mentioned Spring 2003 as when he figured the roll out of the new Ver 3 for the Studio Series. He never got specific about any of the changes to the line.

8. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Bob...
    Thanks for the information I really appreciate it! Thanks!
    James