Paradigm Shift 350vs370

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John D, Oct 5, 2001.

1. John D

John D Auditioning

Aug 5, 1998
    I called paradigm about what the differance were between my CC-350 and ADP-350 vs. the CC-370 and ADP-370. The specifications look identical.
    I was told by paradigm that the 370s were better, when I asked them how they said that was confidential, but "Trust me" they are better.
    Isn't that a distinction without a differance?
    Just was wondering if anyone knows what is going on?
    John D's Home Theater Page
    John M. Drabinowicz
    E-Mail: [email protected]
  2. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Dec 6, 1998
    This sounds like it is mainly a marketing ploy to get people to upgrade. I have the older versions of Monitor 7's and the CC-350 and am very pleased with them.
    IMO, I can't imagine there would be enough of a difference to upgrade from the 350 to 370. It would probably be better to save up to upgrade to the Studios.
  3. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Aug 10, 2000
    I also have the CC-350 and I've looked over the 370 and can't really see a difference to the eye. Maybe its build quality or refinement in the crossover but I agree with Marty. There's no point "upgrading" to the 370 line. I'd much rather upgrade to the studio series where there is definitely an appreciable difference.
    My DVD Collection
    Patrick The 69th most popular name for boys according to the Social Security Administration.
  4. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

Aug 19, 2000
    CJ Paul
    I too have all v.1 versions of the Monitor series and I am perfectly happy with them. The crossover in the new line has been moved (the x-over point, not physically) but it has not been improved in any other way. The tweeter is also mostly the same except it has been slightly modified to run cooler. The woofers are identical afaik.
    My Website:
    e-mail me: [email protected]
    My DVD Profiler
    Paradigm Lover
  5. Jay Cutler

Jay Cutler Auditioning

Sep 17, 2000
    Charles is correct that the only real difference is the crossover, but that makes a huge difference in how the speaker sounds. The 350 used a 24db/oct slope at 1.8khz, and the 370 uses a 18db/oct slope at 2.0khz. It may not seem like much of a difference, but the two versions have two completely different crossover designs. If anyone wants a techincal explaination of the differences, let me know.
    What is nice about the v2 monitor line is the fact that all the speakers (except the Monitor 5) are now using the same crossover. It was not the case back in the v1 days (when the 350 used a different crossover than the rest of the series).
    I would imagine the 370 is more closely timbre matched to the rest of the series than the 350 ever was. (Of course being a MTM design also makes it a completely different kind of speaker too, but that's another discussion.) [​IMG]
    "There are 2 major products that came out of Berkeley...LSD and UNIX....we don't believe this to be a coincidence!"
    Jay's Home Theater
    [Edited last by Jay Cutler on October 05, 2001 at 03:13 PM]