Paradigm Setup

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Moo, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Steve_Moo

Steve_Moo Stunt Coordinator

How did I do on my new adventure in Speakers. I got Paradigm Monitor 3's V3 for my fronts, CC-370 v3(New) for my Center Front, ADP-170's v2 as my surrounds and also a CC-170v3 as my center rear. All for $940 including shipping. I am sticking with my Infinity IL10 as my sub for now, but was wondering what everyones opinion on a sub to match this system or just keep the Infinity!

Thanks

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

[​IMG]

What the heck? How the heck? Wow what a deal. I am envious [​IMG]. Those are AMAZING bargains at retail, and how you managed to get such an awesome price I don't wanna know [​IMG] . And how did you do? Well, I don't think you need to worry, as long as they work like new and come from a reputable source (ie. not the "Paradyms" from the white van folks I hope.) you will be living it good. The monitor 3s can easily run with speakers costing a thousand or more just for the pair, let alone a grand for the complete package.

You don't wanna shortchange the sub in this setup, so don't go "half-way" and get a so-so sub now. It'd be best to use your current sub and save up for something quite nice, maybe to stick with paradigm a PW2200, or servo 15 (pricey), or for better value an SVS.

3. Steve_Moo

Steve_Moo Stunt Coordinator

What SVS Sub would you rec'd. Thats actually what I probably will be purchasing as my sub in the next 6 month.
    My room is about 20 x 15.

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Hmm, I can't recommend a specific model or line since I dont know budget/needs. Do take note on their news page that some of new box subs are out if cylinders are not your taste. I don't have an svs YET, although maybe in a couple weeks I will [​IMG]. I am planning to get the PCi 20-39. Shoot off an email to Ron/Tom at SVS and they will be able to help you out more, to pick out what will suit your needs in your specific room.